The Apprentice - Ex Lt Callaghan

Does anyone know why the ex-officer currently 'starring' in the Apprentice left as a Lieutenant?

It's bizarre that he calls himself an 'ex-Lieutenant', trying to con civvies into making out that he has spent years in the Army. Think he is ex-RA. Anyone wish to spill the beans? He certainly isn't a non-grad!

Paul Callaghan
Age 27
Career Ex-Army Lieutenant
Qualifications Bsc Engineering Physics
Home Town Southampton

"My lack of commercial experience might be a weakness but my leadership and organisational qualities are definite strengths."

Graduating from the rigorous Sandhurst Royal Military Academy which encompassed command leadership and management training, he became HR and Resource Manager for the Army and was in charge of recruiting potential officers into the Royal Artillery. He was posted to Iraq as Infantry Commander and spent six months serving in Basra. His time in the military has taught him cool, calm and collected leadership and he has no time for dillydallying. First job was selling jumpers on his parents market stall. A real smooth player his hobbies include sky diving, polo, skiing and yachting and his biggest fear is being eaten by a shark.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/apprentice/candidate/id/12/type/contestant.html

Lurgan_Stoop said:
Paul Callaghan
Age 27
Home Town Southampton

"My lack of commercial experience might be a weakness but my leadership and organisational qualities are definite strengths."

Graduating from the rigorous Sandhurst Royal Military Academy which encompassed command leadership and management training, he became HR and Resource Manager for the Army and was in charge of recruiting potential officers into the Royal Artillery. He was posted to Iraq as Infantry Commander and spent six months serving in Basra. His time in the military has taught him cool, calm and collected leadership and he has no time for dillydallying. First job was selling jumpers on his parents market stall. A real smooth player his hobbies include sky diving, polo, skiing and yachting and his biggest fear is being eaten by a shark.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/apprentice/candidate/id/12/type/contestant.html
So, he's a knob jockey then?

B

Biscuits_AB

What is it about these people who go on this programe. They are all slimy arrse kissing little sh*ts.

Lurgan_Stoop said:
...he became HR and Resource Manager for the Army...
He was appointed as Adjutant General rather quickly wasn't he? Surely a chap should have a tad more experience before such an appointment.

SPS?

Biscuits_AB said:
What is it about these people who go on this programe. They are all slimy arrse kissing little sh*ts.
It's good entertainment though.

My money is on the old bitch with bleach blonde hair who reckons she's only 31. Didn't she go to Sandbags too?

FaceLikeAPingPongBall said:
Lurgan_Stoop said:
Paul Callaghan
Age 27
Home Town Southampton

Graduating from the rigorous Sandhurst Royal Military Academy which encompassed command leadership and management training, he became HR and Resource Manager for the Army and was in charge of recruiting potential officers into the Royal Artillery. He was posted to Iraq as Infantry Commander and spent six months serving in Basra. His time in the military has taught him cool, calm and collected leadership and he has no time for dillydallying. First job was selling jumpers on his parents market stall. A real smooth player his hobbies include sky diving, polo, skiing and yachting and his biggest fear is being eaten by a shark.http://www.bbc.co.uk/apprentice/candidate/id/12/type/contestant.html
So, he's a knob jockey then?
and he wants to work for Alan Sugar? :twisted:

I'm going to tell a story here. I find this funny.

I worked at the Henley Regatta as a 16 yr old. Rory from the apprentice was my manager and he consistently short-changed a friend and me over tips. He was a few years older and also bigger so there wasn't much we could do at the time.

However, four years later we see the same Rory at Henley. He was now in a more senior management role and very smart looking in his 3 piece suit. My friend and I wandered over to have a word whilst he was undoing a boat on the jetty. We were met with 'boys, boys just get of the jetty'. Very obviously we simply kicked him into the river.

Brilliant, he emerged soaked to the skin and thoroughly pissed off. Can sound a bit mean but was nice to have some revenge!

Last week when Rory kept saying 'I AM YOUR BOSS, I AM YOUR BOSS!' to that annoying to**er was classic.

Nothing like reminding people where their place is in life(!)

Yer man was commissioned in Dec 2002. Gives him 4 years service tops.
Surely as a grad, he would have left as a Capt if he managed more than 2.5 years - perhaps he was too busy managing the entire army to waste his time on JOTES.

...........and he's the favourite to win.........! Lets see him as project manager and not the 'grey man'

He is too clever for that, just watch how he manouvers around the team leader, almost whispering in his ear, yet never actually coming out too far as to be exposed. Its a talent learned at RMAS!

cpunk

LE
As a general point on this, Mr Callaghan has put himself in the public eye but in our discussion of him, please avoid posting any gory details of his military record which aren't already public knowledge.

Thanks.

Ratings manipulation last night.

choice between sexy bird with good figure
or
feisty annoying bird that winds everybody up
or
fat, bland, boring moose.

Who gets mag to gridded?

Latest Threads