The Anti-"Anarchist" Violence Thread

Right. Watching some hyper-entitled, hypocritical, unemployable, leeching and parasitic middle class cunts kicking off in Central London and trampling over public property, war memorials and what have you in their £475 ski jackets, supported by Mexican self-proclaimed anarchists "demonstrating" for more equality in the UK (by covering their faces) regularly gets my piss to boiling point. There is no happiness without order, and this scum needs a good dose of double happiness kicked into them (and stopped being a leech on *OUR*, the taxpayers', money).

I don't think my thoughts are suitable for the IntCell, hence my rant here: the first thing we need to get this scum into their place is by massive police violence. I had something like this in mind:

Please share your thoughts (and your favourite videos of anarchists getting a good biffing).

Tinkety-tonk
G.

I can never understand the modern policing method of dealing with rioters. I saw in Manchester a few years ago when a copper got separated from his oppos & nearly got topped. When we doing our NITAT our public order SOP was to get in hard & fast, twat the ringleaders & lift them. Nowadays plod seem to feck about watching them getting tooled up & taking a hammering before some limp wristed meandering towards the horde. Feck me I remember snatch teams of 6 or 8 of us smashing out of the shield lines & going at them. A handful of us against 70 or 80 screaming loons with petrol bombs & proper feck off house bricks & bits of paving slab. I just don't get the stand off attitude. It just encourages more hooliganism.

I can never understand the modern policing method of dealing with rioters. I saw in Manchester a few years ago when a copper got separated from his oppos & nearly got topped. When we doing our NITAT our public order SOP was to get in hard & fast, twat the ringleaders & lift them. Nowadays plod seem to feck about watching them getting tooled up & taking a hammering before some limp wristed meandering towards the horde. Feck me I remember snatch teams of 6 or 8 of us smashing out of the shield lines & going at them. A handful of us against 70 or 80 screaming loons with petrol bombs & proper feck off house bricks & bits of paving slab. I just don't get the stand off attitude. It just encourages more hooliganism.
Ches - the early years

Isn't the practice these days to allow the mob enough rope to hang themselves? Plod get everything on film and make arrests later when the perps are more vulnerable and away from the crowd.

Seem to remember someone explaining this at about the time of the last big riots.

Of course, shooting one or two might have a more immediate effect on the rest of the mob.

IMHO any violent protests should be met with harsh reprisals. Water, tear gas, rubber bullets etc should be used. The response of the Police at the riots over the criminal Duggan was pathetic and Theresa May should have been sacked for it.

Hey Gussie my old China plate, I've just watched that so-called Battle of the Beanfield and saw no police violence. Quite restrained, I thought.

I'll watch the Boxhead clips now.

You're quite right, I also believe it encourages an escalation in violence. Bricks are thrown, the response from plod is muted, therefore even more bricks and a few lumps of street furniture are thrown. The Policing mentality these days is to watch from a distance, let the process take its natural course with as little involvement as possible, then kick in a few doors a couple of weeks later.
This type of response is of course mainly due to a succession of law suits encountered (generated from both sides) and the reduction in risk of being sued as opposed to Policing in an effective and sharp way.
It's Policing with fear.

Isn't the practice these days to allow the mob enough rope to hang themselves? Plod get everything on film and make arrests later when the perps are more vulnerable and away from the crowd.

Seem to remember someone explaining this at about the time of the last big riots.

Of course, shooting one or two might have a more immediate effect on the rest of the mob.
That policy sounds very good, the filming and subsequent arrest not the slotting, but it doesn't stop future unrest. The majority just think they will be having a jolly good time and no one can touch them. However, a good hard attack with maximum violence, once a level of rioting has been reached of course, will will put the fear into future gathering.

Lazarus Long said:
Those who refuse to support and defend a state have no claim to protection by that state. Killing an anarchist or a pacifist should not be defined as “murder” in a legalistic sense. The offense against the state, if any, should be “Using deadly weapons inside city limits,” or “Creating a traffic hazard,” or “Endangering bystanders,” or other misdemeanor. However, the state may reasonably place a closed season on these exotic asocial animals whenever they are in danger of becoming extinct.

That policy sounds very good, the filming and subsequent arrest not the slotting, but it doesn't stop future unrest. The majority just think they will be having a jolly good time and no one can touch them. However, a good hard attack with maximum violence, once a level of rioting has been reached of course, will will put the fear into future gathering.
iirc if plod announce events as a "riot" then HMG is liable for the costs of any damage?

I guess apart from some of the chaps who served in NI during the troubles and possibly some Police who post on here, I must be one of the few posters that have experience of facing and having to quell riots. In my service in N. Rhodesia from '60 to '63, I was involved in numerous riots, in one 6 month spell, at least one every weekend and occasionally more.
We had riot gear consisting of a steel helmet, respirator, riot baton (a modified pick handle) a riot shield (basically a 30" steel disc with two leather straps on the inside for grip), and for A/Insp & above our ,38 pistol. We were organised in platoons of approx 30 to 40 men which had an armed section of 6 riflemen armed with .303 rifles & 8" bayonts and 2 men carrying riot guns (this was ..Federal Riot Gun ), for firing tear gas shells or parachute flares at night. The Platoon commander,( me on many occasions) also normally carried a Sterling 9m/m smg.
The SOP was to get to the scene of the trouble, form up whilst the platoon commander assessed the situation and decided if tear gas was needed or if to go in with a baton charge first. I never had to use my riflemen to do anything but herd/guard prisoners fortunately as normally when our 3 tonners turned up and we debussed, all but the worst crowds would start drifting away knowing that we would go in hard without hesitation!
I can remember going to our Police Sgts mess one evening (they had the first tv in the Police lines, our mess didn't), to watch the news which showed the Met dealing with the riots outside the USA embassy in London, and seeing the men laughing at the kid glove tactics being employed to arrest the rioters. Several of the Sergeants asked me if we could not be sent to deal with these trouble makers properly, i.e. using tear gas and cracking heads if they kicked off, they were quite surprised to hear that was not the way we dealt with rioters.

Methinks that we are too soft in the UK and whilst not advocating random bashing, once a crowd starts attacking/damaging property they must be stopped, should they attack police then the gloves should come off, the use of petrol bombs or firearms by the rioters should be met with a marksman using lethal force to take them out.
We have seen what has happened in the duggan riots and giving mobs the belief they can just run free attacking & stealing what they want is giving them licence to get worse. With the subsequent and seemingly ongoing cuts in the number of police and the increasing number of immigrants from vastly different and often lawless cultures arriving, IMHO this is going to get worse!

I think that a fair bit of fear was instilled in all concerned after the London riots several years ago. Front doors were smashed, courts sat at weekends and at least one bloke did 3 months for looting a bottle of water. Another got 4 years for sending a text message encouraging his mates to meet up and start a riot.

Much trouser filling ensued at the Met when it was pointed out that, under the Riot Act of 1886, they are responsible for damages caused by rioters. Sony's insurers got 60 million quid when the police left their warehouse to the arsonists and many more people with wrecked homes and businesses have been tapping the Commissioner on the shoulder.

Never mind. It might have cost hundreds of millions of pounds but at least the commissioner didn't have to sully his legacy by being the first to authorise the use of gas and baton guns on the mainland.

Right. Watching some hyper-entitled, hypocritical, unemployable, leeching and parasitic middle class ***** kicking off in Central London and trampling over public property, war memorials and what have you in their £475 ski jackets, supported by Mexican self-proclaimed anarchists "demonstrating" for more equality in the UK (by covering their faces) regularly gets my piss to boiling point. There is no happiness without order, and this scum needs a good dose of double happiness kicked into them (and stopped being a leech on *OUR*, the taxpayers', money).

I don't think my thoughts are suitable for the IntCell, hence my rant here: the first thing we need to get this scum into their place is by massive police violence. I had something like this in mind:

Please share your thoughts (and your favourite videos of anarchists getting a good biffing).

Tinkety-tonk
G.

I think you might need to move to Germany.

Wets.

Soldiers were not constrained by the law as police are today to the same extent and social media was not omni present. Even saying that I don't remember The Army and The RUC ever really getting the better of the rioters.

I say that as someone who was present in West Belfast as a CONCO att to 42 Commando RM in 1989, for the 20th anniversary of troops in the Province. We never got the better of them or stopped them rioting even with un limited baton gun use, robust and at some times un regulated and un checked use of wooden batons etc.

Wets.

iirc if plod announce events as a "riot" then HMG is liable for the costs of any damage?
NO - the local constabulary is responsible for the costs and then attempts have to be made to try and claim that back further down the line from HMG.

Wets.

I guess apart from some of the chaps who served in NI during the troubles and possibly some Police who post on here, I must be one of the few posters that have experience of facing and having to quell riots. In my service in N. Rhodesia from '60 to '63, I was involved in numerous riots, in one 6 month spell, at least one every weekend and occasionally more.
We had riot gear consisting of a steel helmet, respirator, riot baton (a modified pick handle) a riot shield (basically a 30" steel disc with two leather straps on the inside for grip), and for A/Insp & above our ,38 pistol. We were organised in platoons of approx 30 to 40 men which had an armed section of 6 riflemen armed with .303 rifles & 8" bayonts and 2 men carrying riot guns (this was ..Federal Riot Gun ), for firing tear gas shells or parachute flares at night. The Platoon commander,( me on many occasions) also normally carried a Sterling 9m/m smg.
The SOP was to get to the scene of the trouble, form up whilst the platoon commander assessed the situation and decided if tear gas was needed or if to go in with a baton charge first. I never had to use my riflemen to do anything but herd/guard prisoners fortunately as normally when our 3 tonners turned up and we debussed, all but the worst crowds would start drifting away knowing that we would go in hard without hesitation!
I can remember going to our Police Sgts mess one evening (they had the first tv in the Police lines, our mess didn't), to watch the news which showed the Met dealing with the riots outside the USA embassy in London, and seeing the men laughing at the kid glove tactics being employed to arrest the rioters. Several of the Sergeants asked me if we could not be sent to deal with these trouble makers properly, i.e. using tear gas and cracking heads if they kicked off, they were quite surprised to hear that was not the way we dealt with rioters.

Methinks that we are too soft in the UK and whilst not advocating random bashing, once a crowd starts attacking/damaging property they must be stopped, should they attack police then the gloves should come off, the use of petrol bombs or firearms by the rioters should be met with a marksman using lethal force to take them out.
We have seen what has happened in the duggan riots and giving mobs the belief they can just run free attacking & stealing what they want is giving them licence to get worse. With the subsequent and seemingly ongoing cuts in the number of police and the increasing number of immigrants from vastly different and often lawless cultures arriving, IMHO this is going to get worse!

Tactics used in Southern Africa in the early sixties and tactics used in The UK in the last 5 years, hardly comparable. No modern western government would ever allow their police forces to act like that.

Wets.