The Angel of the North

I drive past this rusty piece of shit on a regular basis, the only decent view is when it shows it's arse on the way south.....

If I won the Euro- millions, I would make discreet enquiries on here, for a team to place shaped charges to blow the fucking thing off at it's knees.

I've hated it since the idea was first mooted, and I hate it even more now..... Gormley is a 24 ct, ocean- going, A1 at Lloyds, twat.

Thought of the night.......

Fucking cold.... I think it's hot toddies tonight.

Agreed. It's a fucking eyesore.

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
Agreed. It's a fucking eyesore.
Nonsense. Heading North on the East Coast line, it's the first landmark that informs you that you're nearly out of f*cking England.

Yup, It looks like a badly pilotted glider accident.

It had such potential too, all it needed was wings that actually resemble wings.
It just goes to show how bad it really is, even Geordie Pikeys are too embarrassed to have that thing hanging on the back of the Transit.

Wtf does it mean?

Did a bunch of Geordies see a vision of an angel over Wembley at the 1918 cup final against Accrington fucking Stanley, and have a kick- about on the centre line?

No, it is a meaningless piece of shite, and if those corrupt wankers on Gateshead Council, with feelings of inferiority over Newcastle hadn't been suckered by Gormley's bullshit, it would have been laughed away.

Well that's a relief. I thought it was shite, but had assumed that that was because it was art and I'm a philistine.
I prefer Banksy's efforts on the subject; that would be worth seeing if it were 60 feet high.

Attachments

I thought this was a thread about The Iron Duke.

i have always wanted to weld a giant set of knackers and a 12 foot cock on it!
Well you can have the balls from Belfast !

Well that's a relief. I thought it was shite, but had assumed that that was because it was art and I'm a philistine.
I prefer Banksy's efforts on the subject; that would be worth seeing if it were 60 feet high.
Isn't she over dressed though? And angel or not for a chav, where is the burberry and hoop ear-rings?

Believe me it is NOT worse than this Rusty Pile of Shit sitting out in front of the Toronto Convention Center.

Sadly, the tax payer paid $375,000 for this load of bollox

Attachments

T

Tremaine

Would you prefer a massive pointless balloon? birds eye view | Devon CAM Regularly updated pictures of Devon
Not one of Torquay Mayor's better ideas. Sadly, or not, since January, it is no more. And Night Clubbers and chavs deny talking in silly squeaky voices all weekend when around £30,000 worth of helium was lost from the huge white balloon .They claim nature settled the eyesore with a big nasty storm.

Is that an ad for Air Quantas, Marlboro's Extra Long, Fosters Lager, or Goldsmith's Jewellers - or a warning about STD's?

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
Oh thank you God. And heres me thinking the Friday Victim was a thing of the past. Ho Hum. Hold me pipe Myrtle. This wont take long.

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
I drive past this rusty piece of shit on a regular basis, the only decent view is when it shows it's arse on the way south.....
You cannot see it's arse from the A1 or the East Coast Main Line. On account of the trees. You can only see it if you are walking. Jog on south, dosser.

If I won the Euro- millions,
Did you win millions? No? Then keep on walking south before we arrest you. Fucking dreaming starver.

I would make discreet enquiries on here, for a team to place shaped charges to blow the fucking thing off at it's knees.
So, an itinerant southern starver, trying to walk back home, is trying to recruit a 'team' on a British Army webisite to blow up an artwork located close to family homes? Do you want to blow the children up before their parents? Or are you not fussed who you blow up, terrorist.

Most mad bomber terrorists hate things they cannot understand. But even the worst of them do not fantasise about blowing the clothes off of small children. Like you just did. Filthy kiddy fiddler.

Thought of the night.......

Fucking cold.... I think it's hot blackened naked children tonight.
You jog on south, nancy boy pervert filth. Maybe we'll let you make it to Durham. Pedophile. Terrorist. Murderer.

AH the north east first into a recession and the last out, starving whippets, dead pigeons, flat caps, coal dust soup, inbreeding, and GAZZA.

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
AH the north east first into a recession and the last out, starving whippets, dead pigeons, flat caps, coal dust soup, inbreeding, and GAZZA
When was the last time you ordered anything and didn't have to say "What?". Because nobody anywhere near your M25 slum speaks English as their first language.

We'll take Gazza. Fucking hero who tuns up with chicken curry and lager for a mad fucking murderer. But could you take your boy back in exchange? Thanks.

cameron.jpg

I'm no fan of the Angel, but there's worse down south. Close together, I give you:

Fulcrum. Sheets of rusty steel piled together. The owner was hoodwinked. He'd been told that it was corrosion resistant but hadn't been told that the resistance was due to the surface oxidising (rusting in other words) to prevent oxygen penetrating deeper. It took a while for the rust-resistant rust to form and it wasn't helped by initial efforts to remove the rust (causing it to rust). If only the internet and wiki had been in existence at the time: Weathering steel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Rush Hour. A more depressing sculpture you'll never meet. The irony is that the subjects are heading away from the office. If the artist had been commissioned to produce a sculpture facing the other way, doubtless it would have been entitled "Suicidal".

Eye to I. It's hard to guess who was highest, the sculptor or the person who commissioned this.

Broadgate Venus. The sculptor vehemently denied that the features are based on Queen Victoria. There are two types of men, those who wank and those who lie. The sculptor clearly falls into both categories.

The Broad Family. I actually like this one. It looks clever from a distance and from close-up reveals subtle details that merit the sculptor his fee.