The Andrew Marr Show

Curiously, you're no stranger to hysterical bedwetting when Boris does the same.

That must be how you came to be the Arrse Site Penis of the Year 2017.

You probably do think TMPM ordered the hit.

YSC.
I find that decluttering by use of "ignore" streamlines a thread well.

He does know his stuff on Russia and is certaintly not a fan of Putin.
However, he has been saying for some time now that the West should stop looking at Russia as our main ‘Bogeyman’, when there are far more dangerous regimes out there - notably China and North Korea.
In the great scheme of things he is probably right.

So, not only do you support the EU to the detriment of the UK but now you support Russia to the detriment of the UK. And don't come back with you didn't say that because your post shouts it out!
I think in all likelihood that the Russians did it and the UK response hasn't been robust enough.

I commented so on another thread.

Quite how my pointing out that you always whine whenever the BBC presents events in a way that doesn't fit your viewpoint means that I support Russia I don't know

I work with a Latvian of Russian heritage who is ultra-Nationalist when it comes to the Motherland and thinks Stalin did more good than harm. He is only 39 and has never lived in Russia, gets quite annoyed when I point out that Russia went from a feudal condition where peasants were serfs, to a revolutionary condition where peasants became either dead or comrade serfs, to today in just 100 years. There is a way to go yet.

He does know his stuff on Russia and is certaintly not a fan of Putin.
However, he has been saying for some time now that the West should stop looking at Russia as our main ‘Bogeyman’, when there are far more dangerous regimes out there - notably China and North Korea.

Russia is not our main Bogeyman by mistake, as its one of the two (NK being the other) that are unstable enough to kick off and cause us serious harm in the short term, whereas China is everyone's threat and likely enemy in the longer term.

However, unlike NK, Russia is also geographically right next door, and has effectively been at (asymmetric, covert, electronic, undeclared, etc) war with us for a decade or so.

Russia and Russians per se are not hostile to us (and I have extensive personal experience of this), but it is the nature of that national culture that they dumbly submit to the leadership of tyrants - and we do have a dangerous and vindictive tyrant currently in power there, and one who has thoroughly painted himself into a corner politically.

Coming from the site penis o of the year 2017, that isn't a genuine put down.
It was more of an opinion.

Do you think that the current outrage against Russia will solidify into anything more damaging than punting a few Russians out of the country?

I find that decluttering by use of "ignore" streamlines a thread well.
The temptation is there, but I'd miss such classics of monumental bullshitting as his claim to have read "A Brief History of Time". Arrse gold, right there.

His political and pseudo-intellectual posturing and spine-snapping gyrations as a spiteful and embittered Remainer are also a source of much amusement.

Boris wants Britain adequately defended. I wonder what the tosser means by adequate. River 2s anyone? It is adequate...
Ah but Benn was on sky today bemoaning the fact that there are no customs. Conveniently forgetting his party scrapped them. In case people hadn't noticed Customs WERE there to defend the borders. Not militarily of course. but an integral part of the defence system. Just sayin' like. The i yesterday hypothesised that the substance could have been sent as a Gift.

Ah but Benn was on sky today bemoaning the fact that there are no customs. Conveniently forgetting his party scrapped them. In case people hadn't noticed Customs WERE there to defend the borders. Not militarily of course. but an integral part of the defence system. Just sayin' like. The i yesterday hypothesised that the substance could have been sent as a Gift.

What? A gift from Germany?

It was more of an opinion.

Do you think that the current outrage against Russia will solidify into anything more damaging than punting a few Russians out of the country?
Not really. That's the game though. Been played like that for generations.

I work with a Latvian of Russian heritage who is ultra-Nationalist when it comes to the Motherland and thinks Stalin did more good than harm. He is only 39 and has never lived in Russia, gets quite annoyed when I point out that Russia went from a feudal condition where peasants were serfs, to a revolutionary condition where peasants became either dead or comrade serfs, to today in just 100 years. There is a way to go yet.
You might like to ask him,how Putin became a Dollar Billionaire, given his employment record.

I'm genuinely interested and, as yet all the 'Putin pundits' in 'internetland', haven't come up with an answer. :confused:

You might like to ask him,how Putin became a Dollar Billionaire, given his employment record.

I'm genuinely interested and, as yet all the 'Putin pundits' in 'internetland', haven't come up with an answer. :confused:
KGB pension?
I hear it's rather good.

The temptation is there, but I'd miss such classics of monumental bullshitting as his claim to have read "A Brief History of Time". Arrse gold, right there.

His political and pseudo-intellectual posturing and spine-snapping gyrations as a spiteful and embittered Remainer are also a source of much amusement.
I think you are right, I am probably missing out on much hilarity as you say, which can't be a good thing.

If you read a lot of the stuff Marr has said or written about both the BBC's bias, his own take on journalism, and his own political views, you might find you are massively oversimplifying things and have the wrong target in Marr himself.

Yes, the BBC has a left-liberal cultural bias. Of course it does: look at its employee demographics. That is not the same as saying they are all Labour devotees.
Someone didn’t explain that to their graphics guy who pimped up Corbyn in “Russian hat” in front of the kremlin for the program back drop this week :mrgreen:

If you look into the background of current an previous BBC political journos and writers they all come from a fairly elite Tory background.

Safe to say there is fook all in the way of neutral journalism anywhere these days, of any “flavour” or colour of tie

I will, but I already know his answer....no he is not, western propaganda, nobody likes us anyway. Well he got the last bit right, many of the Poles won't have anything to do with him. I suspect that if he stuck to being Latvian and dialled it down a bit there wouldn't be a problem.