Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Andrew Marr Show

So Mr.Marr thinks the NHS should continue to use a temperature sensitive vaccine after a day of being taken out of and put back into a fridge in a building that, if it's anything like my GP practise, had the heating set to kill.

Is he a moron or just practising?
Practising moron with a very left bias who doesn’t do his homework.

So Mr.Marr thinks the NHS should continue to use a temperature sensitive vaccine after a day of being taken out of and put back into a fridge in a building that, if it's anything like my GP practise, had the heating set to kill.

Remember he has had a stroke so he should be given some leeway.
However I think he's a moron.

No, Mlarr is a full blown, ocean going, nuclear powered Fharkin tw@t.

definably needs composting.

As an add on, I’ve seen reports that second doses have been cancelled.
Everyone I know who has had their first dose now has a date for their second dose.

The system is doing really well, as even those called in at zero notice to avoid wasting vaccine (that others hadn’t turned up for) now have their second dose date too.
Indeed: yesterday my Mum and Dad had their 2nd dose.
No prizes for guessing where they were 3 weeks prior to that -a booby prize to Irlsgt if he suggests the emerald khazi.

Slime

LE
Had the Israeli Government elected to only vaccinate Israeli citizens for some unfathomable reason ?
Seems that way, whereas lots and lots of non U.K. citizens who live full time in the U.K. ARE getting vaccinated.

I prefer the system where perhaps the nurse giving the vaccines or dealing with Covid patients has had the vaccine in the first place.
If they are a national from outside the U.K. they still live, mix and work here.

If I could just act the daft lad for a moment, how come the massive brains that came up with the vaccine in record time did not think of putting an exact number of doses in each bottle?
£ € $ ¥ . . . . ;) .

£ € $ ¥ . . . . ;) .

Have you seen just how tiny vials are ? No matter how good the machinery it's never going to measure exactly 5 doses at whatever the volume per dose into every single vial every day, all day long. And you do know liquids expand and contract ? And at the tiny volume in a vial that could be a significant difference between a dose and not a dose. So a vial is meant to be filled with a percentage over a number of full doses, just in case.

Marr didn't get into any such detail ... which might have had a bearing. Just 'told to destroy unused vaccines'

I am probably wrong but it is my understanding that a certain amount of vaccine is left in the bottle after 4 doses are given but unlike Israel where they have very sensibly worked out how to squeeze every drop out to make it 5 doses per bottle our lot are just doing the 4 and throwing away the wastage. We could learn a lot from Israel's vaccination programme which is 24/7 and highly efficient versus our amateurish, lacklustre and and lackadaisical approach but as the nhs/PHE and politicians (local and national) are all trying to organise themselves you start to understand why it is going so slowly!

Nope,on the Beeb yesterday morning,a Prof heavily involved with the vacc. prog. was saying they're getting up to 2 extra doses out of the vials,the wastage is what is left after all the full doses are taken...the media getting it wrong again,who'd have thought, eh ?

I'm sure the BBC linked the destruction of viable vaccinations to the interview with the doctor on their very own BBC news services yesterday.
Woman doctor interviewed bemoaning that BAME are more vulnerable so they are calling around all their BAME patients who agree to come in for the jab so they fix a time but don't turn up, meaning that the vacc is destroyed. She continued that it is a particular problem with BAME as they are apparently too embarrassed to decline as it's their culture so they just don't turn up.
It sounds like a myth that a far right group would want to start..........sadly, it's very true and there are a lot of the temperature sensitive vaccines being destroyed, according to this Indian doctor.

Marr didn't get into any such detail ... which might have had a bearing. Just 'told to destroy unused vaccines'
Nope,on the Beeb yesterday morning,a Prof heavily involved with the vacc. prog. was saying they're getting up to 2 extra doses out of the vials,the wastage is what is left after all the full doses are taken...the media getting it wrong again,who'd have thought, eh ?
The Beeb's favourite tame quack, Dr. Sarah Jarvis, has said the same on Jeremy Vine's telly show this morning ie, vaccine getting binned. No explanation and unchallenged.
Recently, her political views seem to get more airtime than her medical knowledge. Her hair isn't the only thing about that is red.

The Beeb's favourite tame quack, Dr. Sarah Jarvis, has said the same on Jeremy Vine's telly show this morning ie, vaccine getting binned. No explanation and unchallenged.
Recently, her political views seem to get more airtime than her medical knowledge. Her hair isn't the only thing about that is red.
She can check my prostate whenever she wants.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Liz Truss on the AM Show doing quite a good job on Marr. She is a strange woman but she is dealing with him quite well, not letting him off with his rude interruptions. Good lass.

Latest Threads