Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Andrew Marr Show

Slime

LE
I am probably wrong but it is my understanding that a certain amount of vaccine is left in the bottle after 4 doses are given but unlike Israel where they have very sensibly worked out how to squeeze every drop out to make it 5 doses per bottle our lot are just doing the 4 and throwing away the wastage. We could learn a lot from Israel's vaccination programme which is 24/7 and highly efficient versus our amateurish, lacklustre and and lackadaisical approach but as the nhs/PHE and politicians (local and national) are all trying to organise themselves you start to understand why it is going so slowly!

It’s odd, but your view of how our programme is going is vastly different to what I have seen with my own eyes.

Edited to add......
Do you think we could learn to exclude a large section of society from the programme like Israel has ;)

Forgot to add, yes you are wrong about how the vaccine is drawn, it’s one dose per vile.

Last edited:

Truxx

LE
I am probably wrong but it is my understanding that a certain amount of vaccine is left in the bottle after 4 doses are given but unlike Israel where they have very sensibly worked out how to squeeze every drop out to make it 5 doses per bottle our lot are just doing the 4 and throwing away the wastage. We could learn a lot from Israel's vaccination programme which is 24/7 and highly efficient versus our amateurish, lacklustre and and lackadaisical approach but as the nhs/PHE and politicians (local and national) are all trying to organise themselves you start to understand why it is going so slowly!
If I could just act the daft lad for a moment, how come the massive brains that came up with the vaccine in record time did not think of putting an exact number of doses in each bottle?

I am probably wrong but it is my understanding that a certain amount of vaccine is left in the bottle after 4 doses are given but unlike Israel where they have very sensibly worked out how to squeeze every drop out to make it 5 doses per bottle our lot are just doing the 4 and throwing away the wastage. We could learn a lot from Israel's vaccination programme which is 24/7 and highly efficient versus our amateurish, lacklustre and and lackadaisical approach but if the nhs/PHE and politicians (local and national) you start to understand why it is going so slowly
But Israel is spending a lot more than us on each dose

for the people like Slime who doubt me here is just one of many recent stories on the subject https://www.pulsetoday.co.uk/uncate...-extra-dose-out-of-pfizer-covid-vaccine-vial/

1610911110881.png

If I could just act the daft lad for a moment, how come the massive brains that came up with the vaccine in record time did not think of putting an exact number of doses in each bottle?

it surprised me as well but it appears some bellends made that fundamental error - see my post below for further details. The Israelis sensibly just cracked on to use every drop whilst our lot needed to be told !

Slime

LE

They did :)
It’s the same as other things, one dose is drawn from one small vile.
That’s how it’s been done when I’ve watched it being given.

Slime

LE
Is this the UK system which, as at yesterday, had administered more than 3.5 million doses since December?

Slime

LE
As an add on, I’ve seen reports that second doses have been cancelled.
Everyone I know who has had their first dose now has a date for their second dose.

The system is doing really well, as even those called in at zero notice to avoid wasting vaccine (that others hadn’t turned up for) now have their second dose date too.

The Beeb have mentioned ‘wasted’ vaccine jabs several times over the past 24 hours, and have said ‘some people’ are concerned or angry about the waste.

The stories have talked the waste as a general thing, and not at specific sites for specific reasons.
What shows their desperation (imho) to play down the UK’s achievement is that they are saying that although a couple of hundred thousand doses are being done each day that DOZENS are vaccines are being wasted.

A headline talking about hundred of thousands wasted, or even thousands may be a talking point...........but DOZENS!!
Yes, but BBC brains can understand "dozens".

when you get into millions their little brains seize up.

the mongs

Yes, but BBC brains can understand "dozens".

when you get into millions their little brains seize up.

the mongs
Except pay

Slime

LE
The local Beeb also reported that a GP surgery in my area was doing really badly, and ‘had people in a long queue outside’ to get their vaccine.
It sounded really bad.
But then considering the same surgery has always had queues outside for flu jabs.......giving far fewer jabs, and with people not social distancing then the reality was that the corona jabs were being done more efficiently than the old flu jabs.

I suppose when new vaccines come into stock that can be stored for longer the Beeb will have to find other things to criticise :)

for the people like Slime who doubt me here is just one of many recent stories on the subject https://www.pulsetoday.co.uk/uncate...-extra-dose-out-of-pfizer-covid-vaccine-vial/

View attachment 540317

Seems Pfizer are setting the numbers per vial... from your link:

A message circulated today by NHS England’s Covid-19 Incident Coordination Centre for the East of England, seen by Pulse, stated:​
Healthcare professionals must always use the correct volume of diluent, and after dilution must aim to secure five full 0.3ml doses of this Pfizer-BioNTech Covid vaccine in line with the manufacturer’s instructions and as outlined in the Information for Healthcare Professionals.
After that has been done, there may be potential for a sixth full dose with some vials due to variances in fill volume and the syringe /needle hold up volume combinations used. This should be subject to health care professional judgement on a case by case basis. The manufacturer has stressed care should be taken to ensure a full 0.3 mL dose will be administered to the patient from the same vial. Where a full 0.3 mL dose cannot be extracted the contents should be discarded.

It would appear then that if the drop in the bottom of the vial is discarded, it is being discarded quite properly according to the manufacturer's specific instructions.

Edited to insert correct quoted post.

Last edited:
Seems Pfizer are setting the numbers per vial... from your link:

A message circulated today by NHS England’s Covid-19 Incident Coordination Centre for the East of England, seen by Pulse, stated:​
Healthcare professionals must always use the correct volume of diluent, and after dilution must aim to secure five full 0.3ml doses of this Pfizer-BioNTech Covid vaccine in line with the manufacturer’s instructions and as outlined in the Information for Healthcare Professionals.
After that has been done, there may be potential for a sixth full dose with some vials due to variances in fill volume and the syringe /needle hold up volume combinations used. This should be subject to health care professional judgement on a case by case basis. The manufacturer has stressed care should be taken to ensure a full 0.3 mL dose will be administered to the patient from the same vial. Where a full 0.3 mL dose cannot be extracted the contents should be discarded.

It would appear then that if the drop in the bottom of the vial is discarded, it is being discarded quite properly according to the manufacturer's specific instructions.
Not my link

It’s odd, but your view of how our programme is going is vastly different to what I have seen with my own eyes.

Edited to add......
Do you think we could learn to exclude a large section of society from the programme like Israel has ;)

Forgot to add, yes you are wrong about how the vaccine is drawn, it’s one dose per vile.

Had the Israeli Government elected to only vaccinate Israeli citizens for some unfathomable reason ?

Yes, the Beeb had 'reported' 'reports' of 'reports' being 'reported' of some vaccines being disposed of at the end of the day.

No specifics, quantities, context.

Why Marr thought he might find such disposals were at the instruction of the NHS is beyond me. He just wanted a vague answer that he could 'report'.

I did enjoy Mr NHS giving answers and telling Marr to allow him to finish. When he had done so Marr said something like "a good story", and was pulled up with "Not a story, but FACT".

Yes, the Beeb had 'reported' 'reports' of 'reports' being 'reported' of some vaccines being disposed of at the end of the day.

No specifics, quantities, context.

Why Marr thought he might find such disposals were at the instruction of the NHS is beyond me. He just wanted a vague answer that he could 'report'.

I did enjoy Mr NHS giving answers and telling Marr to allow him to finish. When he had done so Marr said something like "a good story", and was pulled up with "Not a story, but FACT".

So Mr.Marr thinks the NHS should continue to use a temperature sensitive vaccine after a day of being taken out of and put back into a fridge in a building that, if it's anything like my GP practise, had the heating set to kill.

Is he a moron or just practising?

Latest Threads