The Andrew Marr Show

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
They have it wrong on their website. It states “Andrew Marr talks to.......”
From what I saw yesterday, more like “Andrew Marr talks (shouts) over”.
Really that is a fairly accurate description as it was a case of AM talking to the PM who was not allowed to respond properly*, so "talking to" accurately describes the scene! ;)

*Ok PMBJ did respond but as soon as it left AM's agenda he jumped in to interrupt. While it is fair enough, especially with BoJo who is liable to waffle on, but in AM's case it was very annoying and I did like the way that BJ continued to answer the question as asked despite AM trying to change the subject.

Really that is a fairly accurate description as it was a case of AM talking to the PM who was not allowed to respond properly*, so "talking to" accurately describes the scene! ;)

*Ok PMBJ did respond but as soon as it left AM's agenda he jumped in to interrupt. While it is fair enough, especially with BoJo who is liable to waffle on, but in AM's case it was very annoying and I did like the way that BJ continued to answer the question as asked despite AM trying to change the subject.
I disagree, but not falling out over it! “Talks to” infers a decent conversation or debate was had - it was nothing of the sort. You’re right about Boris ignoring his increasingly manic interjections though!
Perhaps I’m just surprised at an inaccuracy on the BBC Website! :-D

I disagree, but not falling out over it! “Talks to” infers a decent conversation or debate was had - it was nothing of the sort. You’re right about Boris ignoring his increasingly manic interjections though!
Perhaps I’m just surprised at an inaccuracy on the BBC Website! :-D
Britain Broardcasts Crap Website I think.

For all you Scots out there do put in a formal complaint to the BBC, it is an easy process, BBC Complaints. Only if they start to receive a number of complaints will they pay any attention.

For all you Scots out there do put in a formal complaint to the BBC, it is an easy process, BBC Complaints. Only if they start to receive a number of complaints will they pay any attention.
And they will still respond with something like,
“We have received your comments.But we are right and you are wrong. Therefore we find no reason to change our point of view,which may I remind you is the correct one”

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
I'm sorry to say i've witnessed the same.

But being white and middle class and more respectful of the law I am doubtless seen as 'low hanging fruit'.

I can't call on a mob of 'brothers' to be outraged on my behalf.
My bold - you're on Arrse, what more do you need?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
My bold - you're on Arrse, what more do you need?
So true - it will just need the BBC to hear that he is supported by his Arrse brothers and he will be signed up toot-sweet!

Now that is really interesting, if even the BBC realised how biased it was!
Just watched a BBC interviewer grilling a port operator at Dover. The beeb guy tried everything to elicit a negative response about how things were going..... The oppo consistently replied that everything and everyone was working just fine.

‘Sir’ Ed Davey being given yet more BBC air time to continue crying over Brexit. Hardly challenged by Marr as he ripped into the Government, although to be fair he did ridicule him over Lib Dem local Election campaign plans in the midst of a pandemic. Pathetic and irrelevant.

‘Sir’ Ed Davey being given yet more BBC air time to continue crying over Brexit. Hardly challenged by Marr as he ripped into the Government, although to be fair he did ridicule him over Lib Dem local Election campaign plans in the midst of a pandemic. Pathetic and irrelevant.
Who... did I hear the nonentity say he’d demanded exty ex billions of pounds from the government for some post pandemic make things better plan?

I imagine that choosing which tie to wear for work troubles Johnson more more than the leader of the LibDem Irrelevance party will ever do.

Last edited:

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Marr did ask head of NHS "Has anyone been told to destroy unused vaccine?". Among other stupid/aggressive questions

What a lemon.
Remember, many of these seemingly strange and innocuous questions are setting up events for later. If it comes to light that an HB has destroyed vaccines, for whatever reason such as out of date, either the Head of NHS England or some politician will be reminded of this question and response. This will give the interviewer an attack route, regardless of the context of the question as asked now and later.

I do hope, but probably in vain, that when the reckoning comes and the post Covid wash-up takes place that the role of the media is included. Yes we need a free press but with that freedom comes responsibility and I feel the media no longer respect that responsibility.

Slime

LE
Marr did ask head of NHS "Has anyone been told to destroy unused vaccine?". Among other stupid/aggressive questions

What a lemon.

The Beeb have mentioned ‘wasted’ vaccine jabs several times over the past 24 hours, and have said ‘some people’ are concerned or angry about the waste.

The stories have talked the waste as a general thing, and not at specific sites for specific reasons.
What shows their desperation (imho) to play down the UK’s achievement is that they are saying that although a couple of hundred thousand doses are being done each day that DOZENS are vaccines are being wasted.

A headline talking about hundred of thousands wasted, or even thousands may be a talking point...........but DOZENS!!

The Beeb have mentioned ‘wasted’ vaccine jabs several times over the past 24 hours, and have said ‘some people’ are concerned or angry about the waste.

The stories have talked the waste as a general thing, and not at specific sites for specific reasons.
What shows their desperation (imho) to play down the UK’s achievement is that they are saying that although a couple of hundred thousand doses are being done each day that DOZENS are vaccines are being wasted.

A headline talking about hundred of thousands wasted, or even thousands may be a talking point...........but DOZENS!!

I am probably wrong but it is my understanding that a certain amount of vaccine is left in the bottle after 4 doses are given but unlike Israel where they have very sensibly worked out how to squeeze every drop out to make it 5 doses per bottle our lot are just doing the 4 and throwing away the wastage. We could learn a lot from Israel's vaccination programme which is 24/7 and highly efficient versus our amateurish, lacklustre and and lackadaisical approach but as the nhs/PHE and politicians (local and national) are all trying to organise themselves you start to understand why it is going so slowly!

What a lemon.

Well he is a Marxist, he probably thinks Momentum were red Tories

Latest Threads