The Andrew Marr Show

Waste of an interview opportunity.

I wanted to hear, as the Transport Sec was on, about HS2, Crossrail, travel and aircraft post lock-down. About how social distancing (I'm beginning to loath that expression) might be enforced on the underground or in airports.

Perhaps the SoS might have something to add about the collapse of the Shearing Coach company?

Nope; instead circular questions about the personal diary of D Cummings Esq. I'm no fan of Cummings, but I do recognise he has fought corners for the Tories. But how many times did Shapps have to say that he did not think the reports were accurate, or that he (Shapps) did not have access to all the diary info?

Did Marr give the DG time and space to answer questions about the future of the BBC?

Marr - I enjoy your historical programmes very much. Your time in Current Affairs, however, should now be in question.

Last edited:
Andrew Marr should be a Nuclear Physicist he splits hairs better than they can split atoms.

What part of transitioning from Level 4 to Level 3 did he not understand. If the guy does not understand the answer to his questions then he shouldn't be asking the questions in the first place.

Last edited:
The man is a fud.

Although having said that, I was wondering if someone has had a word with him, or he must be ill, as he made very few interruptions of FS Raab

Andrew Marr should be a Nuclear Physicist he splits hairs better than they can splt atoms.

What part of transitioning from Level 4 to Level 3 did he not understand. If the guy does not understand the answer to his questions then he shouldn't be asking the questions in the first place.
If Marr had let Raab speak for more than five seconds, he might have.

Andrew Marr should be a Nuclear Physicist he splits hairs better than they can splt atoms.

Typical MSM.
Two weeks ago: “Why aren’t you publishing details of how we are coming out of lockdown”?

Now: “Why are we coming out of lockdown too early”?
You couldn’t make this shit up!

Fortunately, Raab now has the confidence to stand his ground and get his point across: he has the measure of the man (and, it is hoped, the wider style of BBC 'interview'), several times denying the interruption 2 seconds into the response.

The man is a fud.

Although having said that, I was wondering if someone has had a word with him, or he must be ill, as he made very few interruptions of FS Raab
FS Raab is a wily fox and has boxed Marr into a corner many times so I think he has given up trying. That is why the splitting hairs over the levels was such a feeble effort.

Fortunately, Raab now has the confidence to stand his ground and get his point across: he has the measure of the man (and, it is hoped, the wider style of BBC 'interview'), several times denying the interruption 2 seconds into the response.
Absoflaminglutely, Mr Raab doing himself no harm in regards to his future chances as PM.

Favourably impressed by Nick Hancock on Andrew Marr today.

Kept his calm and had answeres ready for all of Marrs loaded questions.

Marr just had Lammy on, who was in one his more thoughtful moods. Unfortunately Marr's easy questions about fellow MPs writing to Priti Patel showed he is just so unaware - on his own job.

Tellingly, Marr closed by thanking Lammy for the "conversation". While it would be nice for more conversations to happen, any non-Marxist would get interrogation or confrontation.

KnockKnock

Clanker
Good old BBC just can't let go of their old mates even though they got humped last Thursday.

It looks like Marr is now running the Labour Party leadership election. He started off with Sturgeon and allowed her to say that SNP are now the party for all UK who are disillusioned with Labour and SNP are the only effective opposition in the HoC. This was then followed by that slimeball Mandelson saying get back to Blairite New-Labour and now 'Vote for me as Great Leader' Chukka Umnna, denying he is standing for leader - aye right!

This must be saving the Labour Party millions in publicity, not having to write out to members!
What....all those £3 a head members?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
A very excitable Ed Milliband on the Marr couch this morning, laying into Boris and the Government. Good to see Marr having such a relevant, influential Politician on at last, instead of some passed over reject. :roll:

A very excitable Ed Milliband on the Marr couch this morning, laying into Boris and the Government. Good to see Marr having such a relevant, influential Politician on at last, instead of some passed over reject. :roll:
Did he bring a bacon sarnie with him?

Came across as slightly retarded. Mind you, he’s nowhere near left enough for Marr who gave hima bit of a hard time (as compared to his usual fawning over Labour MPs).

Priti kept Marr in his box I thought. His lead-in question to the Jenrick property thing was really rather childish and unnecessary for a matter that bears open discussion.

KnockKnock

Clanker
Most unusual for me as I turned of AM a minute after 10am this morning, as think there is a lot more to be discussed about Community Infrastructure Levy, than if or not a planning appeal was granted before CIL became due?
CIL is due for where there is development, and especially 'age restricted' apartments, but assisted living apartments have no CIL. So our local area has so many applications for assisted living apartments. Many of these developments are along a main road, close to the local shops and services. The road is made up, with services, so why the large contribution of CIL for 'age restricted' apartment development to local Councils, when without CIL on 'age restricted' developments, there might be more of these apartment proposed? ?

Latest Threads