The Andrew Marr Show

TamH70

MIA
Come on you lot, who is going to be first?
NSEAP, perchance? (Natzionalsozialistische Englische Arbeiterei Partei)

After all, it'd fit with their "for the many, not the Jew" mentality.

Well, whilst you're waiting perhaps I can be the first to say that I just love Momentum - Tesco Momentum petrol that is!

Jack
Don't touch Morrisons diesel, the cheapness reflects the lack of additives, at least it did three years ago when I was working at the fuel terminal. None of our staff or drivers filled up there.

StormsInAfrica

Old-Salt
. . . and there sits the dilemma.

Back in the day, Militant were the forerunner of Momentum. However (imho), Militant were neither as entrenched nor as viral as Momentum. Removing them from the body politic will require a large dose of courage (both collective and individual) and, more importantly, the will to do so.

I have seen none of those admirable qualities displayed so far.

As I have said previously, this fight for the soul of the Labour party will be evident for 2 to 3 years: I foresee a schism that would make the Catholic Church hide in fear.
Agreed.

And rather than fight that fight which ultimately would result in claiming the rights to a name, moderates on the Left need to resign the Labour brand to the lunatics and establish a new party.

This would be untarnished by the anti-Semitism, monging policies etc etc.

I'm uncertain that anyone there will be that original.

Reminds me of Captain Picard refusing to leave the Enterprise when it was clear the ship was lost to The Borg.

Agreed.

And rather than fight that fight which ultimately would result in claiming the rights to a name, moderates on the Left need to resign the Labour brand to the lunatics and establish a new party.

This would be untarnished by the anti-Semitism, monging policies etc etc.

I'm uncertain that anyone there will be that original.

Reminds me of Captain Picard refusing to leave the Enterprise when it was clear the ship was lost to The Borg.
Except that Picard is a momentum twat.

Mufulira

Old-Salt
They are clearly looking for the Thatcher effect. Maybe they should look at the Swinson effect for a bit of balance.

I fail to see the point of banging on about the gender of the next Dear Leader. It matters not an iota what gender, colour, race, religion, shape or height they are as long as the appointee is the best and most able / likely to deliver of all the ’applicants’. Appoint on ability, not on genitalia.
One qualification would be the ability to wear nice matching footwear to indicate seriousness

Interesting that The Conservative Party, is now the party of the working classes and is a one nation party. Whereas, TLP, were very 'them and us' with the intention of creating a class war. That went well didn't it.

I think it will be permasend rentagob Jess Phillips.

I may even have on at 5/1.
There was a revealing moment on the Ch4 election night coverage. Not realising she was being broadcast, she was having a good old laugh at something. Then, the presenter began to interview her and she realised she was on air and switched into 'tragic night for ordinary people/scenes of terrible devastation' mode.

There was a revealing moment on the Ch4 election night coverage. Not realising she was being broadcast, she was having a good old laugh at something. Then, the presenter began to interview her and she realised she was on air and switched into 'tragic night for ordinary people/scenes of terrible devastation' mode.

What is this guff?! Projecting and directing emotions on to dishonest interviewees?
Chan 4 agenda projections again or were they taking the piss?

Very middle class, never known a days hardship in her ******* life, schimfing bitch. Yardley Brummie twats...grow up FFS...*********.

"This is totally devastatng, isn't it?"

That last bit suggests that she knows her nterviewer feels the same. In that, she is right.

'New Labour' panacea for the country :-

"Education. Eduction. Education"​

Momentum not welcomed by the country

'New Momentum' panacea for the country :-

"Re-education. Re-education. Re-education."​

5645andym

Clanker
For what it's worth my feeling is that the Unions provide the big money to Labour and that any serious change in direction will have to come through them first.

If I were to be planing a serious reform of the party my focus would be on the ground level shop floor union members. Get the ordinary workers on your side and get them to vote with (or withhold) their monthly subs and you might have enough influence to make proper reform stick. . .

. . . but I can't see any of the current lot managing to do that!

View attachment 437082

They've been inundated.

I sincerely hope that HMG decriminalises the licence fee and they are forced to operate like mere mortals to assure their survival.

It's not difficult. Actually operate as an impartial organisation and people of all political persuasions will flock in.
By decriminalising the license fee, they are well on the way to making it a subscription service - the first phase effectively making it optional to opt in. A bit of focus and they could have the subscription up and running by next Autumn.

Latest Threads