The Andrew Marr Show

When Marr was covering the papers this morning, I thought it was turning into the Gloria Del Piero Show (does she qualify as a MILF?) with a supporting cast of Sir John Curtice. Poor old Mrs Gove(aka Sara Vine) was left twiddling her thumbs before Marr finally decided to let her have a word. I think she was so taken by surprise, her words came out in a manner Prescott would be proud of.

When Marr was covering the papers this morning, I thought it was turning into the Gloria Del Piero Show (does she qualify as a MILF?) with a supporting cast of Sir John Curtice. Poor old Mrs Gove(aka Sara Vine) was left twiddling her thumbs before Marr finally decided to let her have a word. I think she was so taken by surprise, her words came out in a manner Prescott would be proud of.
Go on then, what did she say?

Awol

LE
Millions of young people are being bombarded from every conceivable direction by left wing propaganda to the extent that they'd be forgiven for thinking that an alternative viewpoint doesn't exist outside of right-wing extremists.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
The Andrew Marr Show tomorrow - 15/12/19 is going to be good to watch. I guess Marr will have a goodly number of Valium tablets before going on!

The Andrew Marr Show tomorrow - 15/12/19 is going to be good to watch. I guess Marr will have a goodly number of Valium tablets before going on!
I complained to the Beeb about his dire interview with Boris, had a reply a couple of days ago.....

Thank you for getting in touch about The Andrew Marr Show broadcast 1 December.

Throughout the general election campaign Andrew Marr has been interviewing leaders and senior representatives from the main political parties. As viewers would expect from one of our flagship political programmes, Andrew is using these interviews to explore the policies they advocate, challenge them on their track records and give them an opportunity to respond to criticism levelled at them by their opponents.

Two days after the London Bridge attack, a significant part of this interview also examined the circumstances leading up to it, including the Conservatives’ record on law and order and the measures they might put in place as a result. Andrew also robustly challenged Mr Johnson on other election issues, including the NHS, child poverty, social care, and Brexit.

These are clearly all important to our audience, and Andrew sought to challenge Mr Johnson with facts and alternative arguments. It is not uncommon for politicians, from all parties, to attempt to steer the interview onto their own agenda and when this happens, the presenter may intervene to get the interview back on track, as Andrew did at times here. This is a part of the cut and thrust of political interviewing which viewers understand and which would be the case whoever Andrew was facing.

Thanks again for taking the time to contact us.

Kind regards,

BBC Complaints Team

Might as well have not bothered.

I’m settling down to watch Marr. I wonder if there will be a shred of contrition on display? I somehow doubt it.

In amongst all the joy and euphoria from Friday, the downside for me is the stunning victory for the SNP up North. Fair enough, that’s Democracy, but it has resulted in even more TV appearances by Nicola Sturgeon. Still banging on this morning on the Marr show - can anyone shut her up?!
How is she going to square the circle of trying to achieve Independence from the UK, yet at the same time, attempting to hang on to the teat of the EU?

Watching it now, he’s showing a prerecorded interview with McDonnell. McDonnell blaming the media for Labours defeat. So predictable. Until they can actually confront the problem they’ll remain in the doldrums.

offog

LE
In amongst all the joy and euphoria from Friday, the downside for me is the stunning victory for the SNP up North. Fair enough, that’s Democracy, but it has resulted in even more TV appearances by Nicola Sturgeon. Still banging on this morning on the Marr show - can anyone shut her up?!
To be fair to NS she hasn't really got a day job has she.

The more she stays away from Holyrood the better Scotland is run.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
McDonnell on now saying "blame me" for the election result - then going on to say the Labour policies were the winners.

The man is delusional!

That McDonnell creature is deluded.
And somewhat hypocritical.

Marr does not even question his lies.
Waste of air and airtime.

McDonnell on now saying "blame me" for the election result - then going on to say the Labour policies were the winners.

The man is delusional!
...as was the Guardian journalist on just before him who spouted the same line. Labour lost the election, which part of 'lost' do they not understand?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
McDonnell - not the fault of policy such as nationalisation but Labour narrative was not good enough. :rolleyes:

Sorry - phone call interrupted this post!

Now McDonnell wants the next leader to be someone who worked on (and presumably supports) his policies. FFS that is the last thing they need!

McDonnell - not the fault of policy such as nationalisation but Labour narrative was not good enough. :rolleyes:

Sorry - phone call interrupted this post!

Now McDonnell wants the next leader to be someone who worked on (and presumably supports) his policies. FFS that is the last thing they need!
Au contraire, my Scotchland colleague: to misquote, 'Never interrupt your enemy when he's compounding previous fatal mistakes'.

:cool:

Listening to McDonnell just now and his comments on the media, thank God that lot didn’t get in!
He’s still trying to come across as the cuddly uncle in his Laura Ashley inspired sitting room, but it doesn’t wash mate - you are still a sinister, extreme left wing snake. You can add loser to that epitaph!

Latest Threads