The Andrew Marr Show

Anyhoo ...back to that interview on Sunday

It was uncomfortable for me to watch , brought back many memories of Sunday mornings in our house , especially after a stag dinner night in the mess, and the one sided discussion , and inability to get a fecking word in edgeways to explain where the **** I had been all day Saturday , and arriving home in my mess kit , as tidy as I had left on Friday evening

Tyk

LE
Like the rest of you I don't mind, in fact I believe it's important, that interviewers ask challenging questions, but this constant interrupting and downright obstructive manner is really not on.
Certainly politicians waffle far too much and dodge the question trying to get their soundbites in and that needs to be slapped down, but the Marr performance was just that a performance and not a testing interview.

Apparently Marr didn't hold Boris properly to account and challenge his many lies.

I'll have what they're drinking.
Grauniad takes a similar line.
Apparently Marr couldn’t get his questions in because Boris was blustering.

A nice even-handed start from Marr today.

Having done his usual wordy into, and the news headlies, he touches on the front page headlines, and quotes "the Simon Weisenthal Centre says Britain will become a pariah state if Boris Johnson wins the election".

He then goes to talk about another paper's headlines, and after a few seconds mumbles ".. Jerey Corbyn wins".

Then constant interruptions of Brandon Lewis, easy ride to Nicola Sturgeon, and lays down next to John McDonell and strokes his tummy.

Where would we be without an even-handed BBC ?

Having done his usual wordy into, and the news headlies, he touches on the front page headlines, and quotes "the Simon Weisenthal Centre says Britain will become a pariah state if Boris Johnson wins the election".

He then goes to talk about another paper's headlines, and after a few seconds mumbles ".. Jerey Corbyn wins".

Then constant interruptions of Brandon Lewis, easy ride to Nicola Sturgeon, and lays down next to John McDonell and strokes his tummy.

Do so love his impartiality. Even Eamonn Holmes outed himself a couple of days ago!

What gets me, is you even bothered watching. NowBoris on Sky this morning actually had me chuckling. He hit the chuckle button. That’s enough for me. Plus his Letter in the Depress, nailed it for me.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Will watch with interest, is there any maths involved!
Well DA would be counting herself lucky she had a sympathetic (or just pathetic) interviewer in Marr so no hard questions, just be about the best mojito in town!

Latest Threads