The Andrew Marr Show

I honestly don’t know why people bother to watch Marr. I’ve just had a quick look on the Beeb web site to read what happened.
I must agree to some extent that the Torres all be it with the Limp Dems have been in power for nigh on ten years. That is plenty of time to change the law,
mind you look who was Home Secretary and PM during that period, it is a very weak excuse to blame an administration that was last in power.
Here’s an idea, anyone convicted of any terrorist offence and I mean any offence linked with terrorism should be jailed for life without the possibility of parole.
Put that in your manifesto and it will be a vote winner. I can’t see any argument against it.
I don’t bother with him,purely based on his voice.Nearly as bad as Peston. Both truly dreadful.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
I don’t bother with him,purely based on his voice.Nearly as bad as Peston. Both truly dreadful.
And don’t forget J Vine, how this three make a living in broadcasting only god knows!

From the Express
BBC viewers turn TV off as Andrew Marr 'loses temper' in interview with Boris Johnson
BBC viewers turned their TV off lamenting host Andrew Marr's continued interruptions of Prime Minister Boris Johnson during an interview on the Conservative's record.
By Aurora Bosotti
PUBLISHED: 10:32, Sun, Dec 1, 2019 | UPDATED: 11:21, Sun, Dec 1, 2019

BBC viewers turn TV off as Andrew Marr 'loses temper' in interview with Boris Johnson
Could anyone imagine Brian Walden behaving in such a churlish manner?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
No I didn't, go back, read, comprehend (I hope!) and realise how correct I am!
No, your statement is quite clear - 'Boris (subject) will be (aspirational verb) No 10 (object = shite) ! (emphasis)'

Last edited:
No, your statement is quite clear - 'Boris (subject) will be (aspirational verbiage) No 10 (object/shite) !'
No matter what, no one, but no one could be worse in my estimation than Blair. I mean he scrapes under a snakes Belly with a top hat on and still clears. I did watch that bit of the Marr show on catchup and caught myself saying " for my next guest it's Tony Blair"

No matter what, no one, but no one could be worse in my estimation than Blair. I mean he scrapes under a snakes Belly with a top hat on and still clears.
Nice deflection; I hadn't realised he was running in this election. (Completely agree though.)

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
No, your statement is quite clear - 'Boris (subject) will be (aspirational verb) No 10 (object = shite) ! (emphasis)'
Now set that against the 12 days of Election as set out by @Gout Man

Now set that against the 12 days of Election as set out by @Gout Man
Ah, so you're saying Boris will be the 10th choice in the election, rather than 1st, as Goutman did. I don't think there are that many other candidates, and coming 10th in an election is, in any case, the equivalent of being 'No.10'.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Oh for a Robin Day and a David Frost, we were lucky to have witnessed some great interviewers in the past.
Robin Day was a grumpy adversarial interviewer, probably the first.
Robin Day - Wikipedia

But at least in those days there was some respect for the Office of PM even if not for the man. That is no longer the case.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Ah, so you're saying Boris will be the 10th choice in the election, rather than 1st, as Goutman did. I don't think there are that many other candidates, and coming 10th in an election is, in any case, the equivalent of being 'No.10'.
You are quite slow tonite SO, did nanny not let you have your afternoon nap?

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Robin Day was a grumpy adversarial interviewer, probably the first.
Robin Day - Wikipedia

But at least in those days there was some respect for the Office of PM even if not for the man. That is no longer the case.
I liked Robin and reading your link who could forget this memorable moment in political interviews? Never a truer word said.

In October 1982, during a Newsnight interview with the Conservative Secretary of State for Defence John Nott, pursuing cuts in defence expenditure, in particular Royal Navy, he posed the question: "Why should the public on this issue believe you, a transient, here today and, if I may say so, gone tomorrow politician rather than a senior officer of many years' experience?" Nott, who had announced he was to retire at the next general election, removed his microphone, and walked off the set.[7]Nott's autobiography in 2003 was called Here Today Gone Tomorrow: Recollections of an Errant Politician

You are quite slow tonite SO, did nanny not let you have your afternoon nap?
Dear oh dear, resorting to personal taunts AY; the refuge of the weak and desperate.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Dear oh dear, resorting to personal taunts AY; the refuge of the weak and desperate.
Sorry, I apologise for dropping to your standards.

Douglas Murray has published a transcript of the interview in the Spectator:
Transcript: Boris Johnson on Andrew Marr | Coffee House

And here is Marr's own article about his interviewing style...
Andrew Marr: my interviewing style | Coffee House
Many thanks for the link to the transcript. If I was Marr I'd hang my head in shame after that interview and probably resign. Utter, utter car crash. I know the man has had health issues in the past but it looks like they've got the better of him now.

Ned_Seagoon

Old-Salt
Having just watched the interview, I can only say that it was appallingly unprofessional. Marr had no intention of allowing the PM to answer any of his questions. He was simply casting bait in an attempt to lure the PM into an unguarded quote or show of irritation. As it was, Marr lost the plot and any respect that I might once have had for him. I am not fond of BJ, but well done him for being the better of the two.

Latest Threads