The Andrew Marr Show

Marr giving Gisela Stewart a hard time because Vote Leave apparently overspent by £650k during the referendum campaign - “will you apologise to all those people who are really upset about this?”.
Gisela replied the Government produced leaflet (circa £9 million), delivered to every household represents a bigger abuse of power/money, but you don’t hear anyone asking Cameron or Osborne to apologise for spunking taxpayers money on a blatant pro Remain leaflet. Well said that lady and Marr, you’re a dick!

Once again, a remainer states (Labour Party) that I voted to leave because the vote leave campaign told lies.

An assumption that I rely on politicians to make my own judgements.

Marr giving Gisela Stewart a hard time because Vote Leave apparently overspent by £650k during the referendum campaign - “will you apologise to all those people who are really upset about this?”.
Gisela replied the Government produced leaflet (circa £9 million), delivered to every household represents a bigger abuse of power/money, but you don’t hear anyone asking Cameron or Osborne to apologise for spunking taxpayers money on a blatant pro Remain leaflet. Well said that lady and Marr, you’re a dick!
Getting 2 million votes for just a £650k spend must be an advertising man's wet dream.

There may have been was some further dubious illegal horsepower applied
Neither side of the campaign come out of it smelling of roses.

Getting 2 million votes for just a £650k spend must be an advertising man's wet dream.
If you look at the advertising rags there is a lot of retrospection that a remain led advertising industry ended up having so little influence over the referendum result

I think it's more they need to be told to dry their eyes, than they're having a wet dream

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Absolutely shocking! Andrew Marr has a token male guest on the show to discuss the papers. How he got onto the studio floor is to be a subject of an internal (but wholly unbiased!) inquiry.

All the rest are of the distaff side! :rolleyes:

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Jeeze, Rebecca L-B is a PITA and unable to answer questions, which to be fair is current political reality from all sides. The only bit worse is the wimpish way Marr allows her to witter on saying nowt!

Absolutely shocking! Andrew Marr has a token male guest on the show to discuss the papers. How he got onto the studio floor is to be a subject of an internal (but wholly unbiased!) inquiry.

All the rest are of the distaff side! :rolleyes:
Katya was looking very nice in her boots and skirt though - there is more to life than Politics and effing Brexit! :smile:

One act was illegal, whereas the other wasn't...

Jeeze, Rebecca L-B is a PITA and unable to answer questions, which to be fair is current political reality from all sides. The only bit worse is the wimpish way Marr allows her to witter on saying nowt!
In normal times, the likes of Rebecca, Dianne Abbott and Dawn Butler wouldn’t get anywhere near the Shadow Cabinet. You could say the same for many of the mediocrities on the Government front benches - we have had so many resignations it’s hard to keep up!

Frankly I don't know why anyone watches this snappy one liner kind of politics show.

Insipid and soundbitey tbh

You're far more likely to get a better measure of a politician by listening to or watching a long form discussion.

Nick Robinson's poscast is always worth a listen and there's many a debate captured on Youtube.

Andrew Marr is the redtop of political discussion

One act was illegal, whereas the other wasn't...
I for one, as a taxpayer, didn’t ask the Government at the time to waste over £9M on a propaganda leaflet.

I for one, as a taxpayer, didn’t ask the Government at the time to waste over £9M on a propaganda leaflet.
Not illegal though, so not comparable.

Can you point out where the leaflet was factually incorrect?

The govt was attempting to inform the public, as it is duty bound to do

Not illegal though, so not comparable.

Can you point out where the leaflet was factually incorrect?

The govt was attempting to inform the public, as it is duty bound to do
Is it not duty bound to carry out the will of the people?

Latest Threads