The Andrew Marr Show

If only as a stepping-stone on his way to the Presidency of the USE. You can rest assured that with a sniff of power, he would sell back the UK's sovereignty to the EU in a heartbeat in exchange for that particular glittering prize.
I can't help thinking that he has had more than a finger in the new born "Independent movement".

I can't help thinking that he has had more than a finger in the new born "Independent movement".
Soubry, Blair and fingers doesn’t bear thinking about! :smile:

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I think you flatter Blair, the TIG would not like to be associated with Blair.

I think you flatter Blair, the TIG would not like to be associated with Blair.
Still, he has a bit of history for high jacking political parties and this one is a lot more in his own image, less graft to slip in, in the long term....maybe.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Today's lineup 24/3/19
Andrew Marr's guests include Brexit secretary Stephen Barclay MP, shadow Brexit secretary Sir Keir Starmer MP and first minister of Scotland Nicola Sturgeon MSP. Emily Maitlis, Tom Newton Dunn and Agnes Poirier review the newspapers.

As ever a pro EU lineup with Barclay as Brexit secretary with no responsibility for brexit as the only seemingly pro Leave voice.

Today's lineup 24/3/19
Andrew Marr's guests include Brexit secretary Stephen Barclay MP, shadow Brexit secretary Sir Keir Starmer MP and first minister of Scotland Nicola Sturgeon MSP. Emily Maitlis, Tom Newton Dunn and Agnes Poirier review the newspapers.

As ever a pro EU lineup with Barclay as Brexit secretary with no responsibility for brexit as the only seemingly pro Leave voice.
Should be a good one. I'll catch it after church. Church of Scotland padre today.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Should be a good one. I'll catch it after church. Church of Scotland padre today.
Fire and Brimstone with a rant at the 'Monstrous Regiment of Women' ?

Usually very ecumenical. I shall include a prayer for those who are confused and misled.
I think Nicola is beyond saving.

I wonder if she will be asked about the new Scottish pound and when she will have another vote in the next weeks (which she has been saying for the last few months).

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Did anyone hear anything new on the Marr show or is the roundabout still in motion?

I really don't see how the indicative votes will do anything because
a. There are do many it will be hard to get a backing for a single route
b. There is no guarantee that the EU will accept, indeed I would say it is almost impossible
c. Nobody will want to be the person pushing cancelling Art50
d. Parliament is fuked!

Did anyone hear anything new on the Marr show or is the roundabout still in motion?

b. There is no guarantee that the EU will accept, indeed I would say it is almost impossible
d. Parliament is fuked!
I didn't feel that there was anything particularly new. Emily Maitlis, Tom Newton Dunn and Agnes Poirier reviewed the newspapers. Speculation about PMTM's health and whether David Liddington, who doesn't overtly aspire to the post of PM or someone like Michael Gove who it is suspected does. Macron, Brexit.

Keir Starmer still wants another referendum. Nicola Surgeon still wants Art 50 repealed and another Indy ref.
Brexit Secretary Steve Barclay gave nothing away in his "answers", though others may have picked up the odd snippet from amidst the waffle.

Iain Duncan Smith was more candid. He cites the strategic error of PMTM's brief speech 4 days ago and the humiliation. He keeps an open mind about how he will vote if May's deal comes back for a third time. He is appalled at the attacks and speculation in the papers about PMTM replacement and says that proper procedure must be followed rather than being steered by 5 or 6 remainers in cabinet. If I recall correctly, IDS said that the membership should choose a new leader when the time comes; not a select few in cabinet. I missed some of it but there will be various clips from the show on Guido Fawkes - Parliamentary plots and conspiracy and elsewhere.

Last edited:

d. Parliament is fuked!
Agnes' view was interesting. I agree with her, of course.

d. Parliament is fuked!
e. Iain Duncan Smith is still a complete tw4t

Latest Threads