The American Rap "singer" R. Kelly, known for his hit, "I Believe I Can Fly", has been convicted of sex trafficking.

Well said. I'm sure your daughters and granddaughter have the confidence and self worth not to get involved with anyone unworthy of them. it sounds like they've had the role model of what a decent bloke is like during their formative years and can identify the wrong 'uns at fifty paces.

Thank you, I am very proud of the way they've grown up, and I'm very fond of the partners they've chosen, both decent, loving men.....

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
He won't be in genpop. He'll be segregated in the nonce wing with similar types. His prison food might taste a bit different to other prisoners' due to "additives" but he won't be in too much danger.

As someone upthread mentioned: there will be a certain amount of idolatry from other inmates as well, so it's probably not going to be too uncomfortable for Mr Kelly. Unlike his victims.

Over here, the news has been remarkably restrained, however, the documentary "Surviving R Kelly" has an eye-watering amount of detail and I dare anyone to watch that without wishing to reach for a baseball bat.
Got a channel for that?

Aphra

Old-Salt
Thank you, I am very proud of the way they've grown up, and I'm very fond of the partners they've chosen, both decent, loving men.....
Then you've done what a good parent should and can enjoy the benefits of the grandchildren. I do hope you're teaching little miss to get into mischief. That's what both my grandfathers did......

TamH70

MIA
Apart from every criminal charge he faced being found to be complete bullshit and the multi-millions he paid out in settlements to his alleged victims being forced on him by the scum in Sony, and every lawsuit brought by alleged victims since his death being absolutely laughed out of court as the allegations were faker than Greta Thunberg's actual green convictions.

As a certain wise Razorfist once said, if Michael Jackson had fucked kids, we'd never have heard word one about it.

I must admit I was convinced of his guilt for quite a long time until I worked out just why the media were going all-in on it, and it all boiled down to billions in dollars of books, movies, television shows and online content that would have been garnered if he'd been slammed into jail for boffing boys of a pre-legal persuasion that didn't come their way after his trial in California went mammaries upwards for a particularly shitty California D.A.
The fact is he fully admitted to sharing his bed with young children who were of no relation to him, can’t really put a positive spin on that one. If your neighbour was having numerous young children share his bed that he had no relation to, would you just shrug it off as ho hum, to each their own? You made the point it was all about others making money off fabrications, but the opposite end of the spectrum is if Jackson was living on a council estate he wouldn’t have millions to hide what he really was and would have been banged up at the very beginning.

Behold the majestic sight of all the fucĸs I don't give:

unnamed-9.jpg
I think I can see one on the distant horizon, but there again it might be tumbleweed.

Tool

LE
Entertainment and sex are nothing new. I'm trying to remember an expose of Hollywood during the Golden Era (Babylon something), and the doings and screwings even then were spoken about in a combination of hushed tones, and awe and envy.

Apart from every criminal charge he faced being found to be complete bullshit and the multi-millions he paid out in settlements to his alleged victims being forced on him by the scum in Sony, and every lawsuit brought by alleged victims since his death being absolutely laughed out of court as the allegations were faker than Greta Thunberg's actual green convictions.

As a certain wise Razorfist once said, if Michael Jackson had fucked kids, we'd never have heard word one about it.

I must admit I was convinced of his guilt for quite a long time until I worked out just why the media were going all-in on it, and it all boiled down to billions in dollars of books, movies, television shows and online content that would have been garnered if he'd been slammed into jail for boffing boys of a pre-legal persuasion that didn't come their way after his trial in California went mammaries upwards for a particularly shitty California D.A.
All well and good, apart from the fact that he's guilty.

Aphra

Old-Salt
Entertainment and sex are nothing new. I'm trying to remember an expose of Hollywood during the Golden Era (Babylon something), and the doings and screwings even then were spoken about in a combination of hushed tones, and awe and envy.
Hollywood Babylon by Kenneth Anger, 1959. A very salacious 'expose' of the goings on which was later debunked by serious researchers. Anger citing his main source as 'mental telepathy' was probably a clue but that didn't stop the book being banned for years.

Tool

LE
Hollywood Babylon by Kenneth Anger, 1959. A very salacious 'expose' of the goings on which was later debunked by serious researchers. Anger citing his main source as 'mental telepathy' was probably a clue but that didn't stop the book being banned for years.
The books themselves were slated for good reason, mainyl sensationalism, and Anger was also a few cans short of a six-pack. The background stories do not always stand scrutiny though. Look at Mary Pickford - often being cast as a schoolgirl when she was almost 30. "Fatty" Arbuckle stood trial three times (and was eventually found innocent) for the same "crimes". Homosexuality was illegal, but it was known that it existed. Drugs use was also rife. All covered up to a greater or lesser extent.

Aphra

Old-Salt
The books themselves were slated for good reason, mainyl sensationalism, and Anger was also a few cans short of a six-pack. The background stories do not always stand scrutiny though. Look at Mary Pickford - often being cast as a schoolgirl when she was almost 30. "Fatty" Arbuckle stood trial three times (and was eventually found innocent) for the same "crimes". Homosexuality was illegal, but it was known that it existed. Drugs use was also rife. All covered up to a greater or lesser extent.
Ah yes, poor Roscoe Arbuckle. Career and life ruined by gossip and false accusations. It couldn't happen now, could it? Unless you're Johnny Depp and have an entirely biased judge who prevents exculpatory evidence being presented. A former colleague attended the Depp hearings and her notes make depressing reading. At least Depp hasn't had to face criminal charges.

I'm fully behind predators and abusers being brought to book but I also support men who are wrongly accused by gold diggers.

Tool

LE
I'm fully behind predators and abusers being brought to book but I also support men who are wrongly accused by gold diggers.
As am I. However, the lie has travelled twice around the world before the truth has put its shoes on. There is also the issue of who has been economical with the truth, and as you point out, judiciary who tend to side with the female in almost every case.

As for criminal charges - Prince Andrew has found out that they are not necessarily the be-all and end-all.

The point that I'm trying to make in a kak-handed way is that there is always fire when there is smoke. Matching the right fire with the smoke you're pursueing is usually where it slips up.

The books themselves were slated for good reason, mainyl sensationalism, and Anger was also a few cans short of a six-pack. The background stories do not always stand scrutiny though.
The fact that Anger was prepared to cast in one of his films a bloke who was later imprisoned for murder as part of the Manson Family tells you everything you need to know.

Aphra

Old-Salt
As am I. However, the lie has travelled twice around the world before the truth has put its shoes on. There is also the issue of who has been economical with the truth, and as you point out, judiciary who tend to side with the female in almost every case.

As for criminal charges - Prince Andrew has found out that they are not necessarily the be-all and end-all.

The point that I'm trying to make in a kak-handed way is that there is always fire when there is smoke. Matching the right fire with the smoke you're pursueing is usually where it slips up.
Your point is well made IMO. I'm sure that social media plays a part in sending lies on their way to credibility. Can you imagine the aforesaid Roscoe having a far trial these days? Poor man suffered enough even with only print and radio to contend with. And I've seen enough of juries to know that, should I ever be on trial for a serious offence, I'll opt for a bench (judge sitting alone) trial!

Oh, quite. And it fits with a certain demographic (having to be careful here lest we be accused of racial stereotypes).

Raymond Price wrote a novel called Clockers which was later turned into a film directed by Spike Lee.

In it, one of the drug gang recruiters makes a point to several potential street dealers about how those of a certain non-white community could only see as far as the bling. There was no thought for the future, no prudence. Showing out was all. He was trying to coach them to not think like (insert banned word here).

Clockers (novel) - Wikipedia

Tyson reckons he burned through a billion. A billion. That's a sick joke. I can't even conceive of how to start doing that.

(Okay, I could buy the manual off Tyson but you know what I mean.)
Good book as well.

Latest Threads