The Altberg Sneeker Boot

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by EX_STAB, Feb 22, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. As seen half way down this page:
    http://www.altberg.co.uk/Web/military.jsp

[​IMG]

I've always used the older pattern "Boot, Combat, High" that are mainly unlined and therefore thin around the calf. They're also much higher in the leg than most Altberg offerings. My current pair have now developed a small hole inside near the heel in the lined portion - difficult to fix.

I thought the Altberg Sneeker Boot might be similarly lightweight but still good enough for hill and dale.

Any opinions?

2. I have a pair of these, they feel as comfy as a pair of slippers to me. Have done a lot of Lanyard Trophy training in them and they have been great. Only downside is the instep isn't quite as big as what I would like, but I would recomend them.

3. they are a great boot, lightweight and as GuybrushThreepwood said just like slippers.

4. I have these and desert boot, they are good however, they offer very little ankle support!

5. Any more thoughts?

6. ******* good boot, very comfortable and personally had no dramas with ankle support. Also dry quickly when wet.

If you buy a pair make sure you break the ******* in properly though, also, as with any boot don't lace them too tight and leave the top eyelet/loop unlaced.

7. Good hill walking boot, I've had mine for two years now and no probs. I'de recommend gaiters with them in wet weather / long grass as the cordura front panel soaks through quickly, or have them custom modded with leather instead of the cordura.