The allegations about mass rapes during WW2

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by KGB_resident, Jun 3, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Many our friends like to know my opinion on this matter. So it would be the right place to do it.

I welcome opinions but regard them only as opinions. As for facts then I will answer only to something that contains a reference to the source of information (WEB-link).

Any texts without a link I would regard as an opinion.

So, I will not bother to comment something like: it is well known...
  2. Yeah. Thanks for that.
  3. Head/sand interface. Love it.
  4. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

Why didn't you respond to the questions in the relevant thread?
  5. 'It never happened its is just a Tory Lie! to attempt to discredit the Glories of the Soviet Union' (says AJ standing in for ashie).
  6. Check " To The Victor the Spoils" by Sean Longsdon very interesting

and "The Scourge of the Swastiker" and " Knights of Bushido" by the bloke who's name I can't remember but he was a judge at Nurnburg
  7. :? Never mind wiki-clicky rubbish, consult German first person and any number of military/Red Cross/observer reports and just about every film recorded account (from at least 'World at War' onwards), and, the legions of consequential offsprings.

What is your premise statement - which incidents do you have in mind, they never happened, there were only a few, everyone did it, it was expected, it was virtually an order of the Soviets and Nippon??????

8. The Japanese Army even filmed real Rapes in Nankin and these films were shown in cinemas
  9. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

I presume by evidence, or links to evidence, you'll be wanting DNA results matched back to NKVD, or better still, prison records for those Russian soldiers convicted in a Soviet court for rape and pillage?

Everything else is just an opinion without proof you fcuking dullard.
  10. rampant

rampant LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Some 330,000 people were believed to have died during the the Rape of Nanjing, although there is still some debate over the figures.

The International Tribunal for the Far East estimated some 80,000 women were raped.

Japan only recently offered some sort of apology, though many deny the crimes never happened.
  11. I prefer to continue this discussion here and expect serious arguments. And of course I will ignore cut-and-paste from neo-nazi web sites. 'Quotes' without reference also would be ignored.
  12. Lord Russell of Liverpool
  13. Example, please.
  14. Any that don't agree with Ivan the boring Soviet mong
  15. Zakhar Agranenko, Soviet playwright who served as a marine infantry officer

Quote from an NKVD interrogation of Emma Korn, a German woman living in East Prussia.

Vassily Grossman, Soviet war reporter