The All Arms Military Bop Tape.

Drivers_lag

On ROPS
On ROPs
We've all been there. The army bop.

Do you still have bops?

Anyhow, wherever I went, it was always the same music, perhaps played in a different order and this lead me to the conclusion that somewhere, there was a JSP that said one was obliged, when organising a bop to go to the chief clerk and sign out the issue bop tape.

I think the varied order came from having an infantry bop tape, and all arms bop tape etc.

Does anyone else think it would be fun to recreate the 90's bop tape?

I'll kick off with a couple.

[video=youtube;gti_D7jx7cM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gti_D7jx7cM[/video]

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Not too sure about the Bop tape, but this was issued to every singlies bedspace in the 80's

[video=youtube_share;Q9hLcRU5wE4]http://youtu.be/Q9hLcRU5wE4[/video]

Sod the 90's.

[video=youtube;mANx3L-N0yU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mANx3L-N0yU[/video]

Bat Out Of Hell, Tubular Bells and Brothers In Arms. Play all three at the same volume at the same time to recreate a 1980s block Bull Night. Oh... and a bit of Shalamar. Niiiice.

Could it be a WRAC?

[video=youtube_share;i9nXEXWlQ5Q]http://youtu.be/i9nXEXWlQ5Q[/video]

Not too sure about the Bop tape, but this was issued to every singlies bedspace in the 80's

[video=youtube_share;Q9hLcRU5wE4]http://youtu.be/Q9hLcRU5wE4[/video]
Beaten by a few years, there Joker! I remember buying this from the NAAFI in Paderborn in 78, when it was almost unheard of. Like most of my music purchases then, it was based almost entirely on the quality of the Album cover, but certainly no regrets. I saw him perform at Dortmund Westfalenhalle and the band were awesome - he, on the other hand, sang like a drunk navvy.

Beaten by a few years, there Joker! I remember buying this from the NAAFI in Paderborn in 78, when it was almost unheard of. Like most of my music purchases then, it was based almost entirely on the quality of the Album cover, but certainly no regrets. I saw him perform at Dortmund Westfalenhalle and the band were awesome - he, on the other hand, sang like a drunk navvy.
Was that in 82?
One of the lads from 79 Rly Sqn went to see him and said he was shite, and got one of the backing singer to do all the high notes.

Was that in 82?
One of the lads from 79 Rly Sqn went to see him and said he was shite, and got one of the backing singer to do all the high notes.
That sounds about right, Kirkz - I was serving in Herford at the time and remember the trip down the A1! Meatloaf always had a fantastic backing band and his backup singers were top-notch. They needed to be, as he could never carry a note. Around about the same time, I saw ELO in their prime (Mr Blue Sky tour, complete with spaceship!) and they were awesome. Great days.

Meat clearly bettered with age (to an extent).
Saw him at the NEC in '97, he was a bit good. And a lot slimmer.

These posters were all the rage in bedspaces in the '80s.

1978, Block 36 Ayrshire Barracks Bull nights;

10CC, Rainbow, Santana, and Nights in White Satin by the Moody Blues.

1979; Block 14 68 Sqn RCT Lines;

Meatloaf, Clapton etc.

But of course not forgetting a load of 68 Sqn Girls line dancing to Spirit in the Sky.

That sounds about right, Kirkz - I was serving in Herford at the time and remember the trip down the A1! Meatloaf always had a fantastic backing band and his backup singers were top-notch. They needed to be, as he could never carry a note. Around about the same time, I saw ELO in their prime (Mr Blue Sky tour, complete with spaceship!) and they were awesome. Great days.
I went to a couple of Monsters of Rock & Pop at the westfalenhalle, saw some great bands there, ZZ Tpp, Jethro Tull etc.
Also saw Queen - The Works Tour there. They were indeed great days :)

But of course not forgetting a load of 68 Sqn Girls line dancing to Spirit in the Sky.
....before heading off for a night of rug munching! :)

TheresaMay

ADC
DirtyBAT
Hanson and bloody mmmbop. Took me yonks to get that shit tune out of my swede. On the plus side, I did enjoy watching the reactions of my fellow boppers when it transpired that the lead singer "who'd definitely get it" turned out to be a 14 year old boy.

Didn't change my perspective though. Any hole and all that...

Besides, with hair like that and such a squeaky voice he was pretty much asking for it anyway.

Hanson and bloody mmmbop. Took me yonks to get that shit tune out of my swede. On the plus side, I did enjoy watching the reactions of my fellow boppers when they realised the lead singer "who'd definitely get it" turned out to be a 14 year old boy.

Didn't change my perspective though. Any hole and all that...

Besides, with hair like that and such a squeaky voice he's pretty much asking for it anyway.
Trust me, you get less fussy as you get older!

TheresaMay

ADC
DirtyBAT
Trust me, you get less fussy as you get older!
Now you mention it, I do recall 'pops' (who was aptly named due to the seven outstanding CSA cases against him) AKA the block monster coming out with "...I still would"

He wasn't very old though. Just a bit ill, it appeared.

Now you mention it, I do recall 'pops' (who was aptly named due to the seven outstanding CSA cases against him) AKA the block monster coming out with "...I still would"

He wasn't very old though. Just a bit ill, it appeared.
All that shagging must have drained his inner strength. I remember being called "granddad" by some of the lads when I had just turned 30 - in mitigation, I was the son of a coal miner, brought up on jam and bread sandwiches and was a raving alcoholic from the first day I arrived in BAOR, back in 1973.