The Agents of SHIELD

If you thought Phil Coulson was killed by Loki prepare to be raised to a clearance level 7..................

Yup, starting in septicland in the autumn is a new TV series spin off from the Disney-Marvel film franchise. Here is a link to the official site and a trailer:

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - Trailer 1 (Official) - YouTube

A review:

'Agents Of Shield' Pilot Reviews: What Critics Are Saying - Business Insider

I love it, used to read Marvel comics as a kid - I particularly love "Lola", Coulson's '58 Corvette.

I've just had 15 different "sex wee's" just watching that trailer, that looks brilliant in every way.

If Disney can do that with Marvel, maybe....just maybe the new Star Wars movies can be proper Star Wars.

Please Disney, take a look at Rogue Trooper from 2000AD....please.

Well, I have just watched the first episode and...............it's fricken brilliant.

A bit formulaic but it's not pretending to be anything else. It is pretty tongue in cheek at times, I think it could do with being a bit darker but it's still great.

The car thing at the end was a tad much, but Melinda May kicking off was rather nice.

I reckon I'll be hooked on this till it finishes.

Oh, and it has Robin Scherbatsky in it :)

Was it the fact that I was a bit drunk, or was last nights episode total bollox?

I will have to watch it again but it seemed to be pretty lame, and as for the rubber life raft sealing a big hole in a C-5 (or whatever it is meant to be)?

I hope that was a one off duff episode.

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Was it the fact that I was a bit drunk, or was last nights episode total bollox?

I will have to watch it again but it seemed to be pretty lame, and as for the rubber life raft sealing a big hole in a C-5 (or whatever it is meant to be)?

You're worried about that? Yeesh, the aircraft was still de-pressuring after 5 minutes, atmospheric equilibrium would have been achieved long before that. Or even the two turbofans directly behind the exhaust of the main turbofans? Seriously switch your brain off and enjoy it for the nonsense it is.

I watched it in the company of my twin 15yr old sons. All three of us avid Marvel fans, in my case dating back nearly a half-century.

I dunno 'bout watching it n 'brain off' mode, we couldn't cope with more than 30 minutes of cheaply made, badly acted tosh, and by mutual agreement, we switched to something more stimulating - which, frankly, coulda been Autumnwatch .. . .

I've just had 15 different "sex wee's" just watching that trailer, that looks brilliant in every way.

If Disney can do that with Marvel, maybe....just maybe the new Star Wars movies can be proper Star Wars.

Please Disney, take a look at Rogue Trooper from 2000AD....please.
NOW that I'd like to see....But who'd play Rogue?...Can't think of a single actor who'd do the charecter justice..

Seeing as its Marvel, an adaptation of a comic book, tongue in cheek, made on a teeny, weeny little budget.........I am still a little not impressed. Kids love it though, youngest negotiates doing the washing up to stay up later and watch it.

Hey, flockit, a mindless hour in front of the box to chill can't be all bad.

The show is too fast paced in my opinion, they could do with slowing it down and allowing the characters to grow into their parts.
The first two episodes felt as if they had been written as one pilot show that had been split in two as there was a good deal of setting up for future stories, which is pretty standard in pilot episodes where the producers are trying to impress the studio and so get the show made.
Hopefully the show will improve as the season progresses.

Spoiler ........Agent Coulson isn't Coulson he's a decoy.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)