The ACF CFAV Training Handbook

Hi,
I'm a cadet L/Cpl in the ACF and am aspiring to reach a high rank before i leave. I have recently started to teach junior cadets lessons and thought that it would be extremely handy to have the training manual itself so i can get to grips with detailed explanations and techniques before i teach cadets myself. I would like to ensure that my level of knowledge is substantial enough to pass down to younger cadets. Is there any way that i could purchase or download the official training manual?

Thanks
E.D

Boxy

GCM
Short answer: No

Long answer: whilst I commend your enthusiasm, teaching isn’t just about knowledge level, you need to have experience of what you teach and a deeper understanding for when you get random questions.

There isn’t a CFAV Training handbook as such it’s a collection of pamphlets (books) starting with the Cadet Training Manual, most of which is out of date and has been superseded by various other Pams.

Have you done your JCIC? If so you’ll have a basic understanding of CFIT and should be aware of such things.

Short answer: No

Long answer: whilst I commend your enthusiasm, teaching isn’t just about knowledge level, you need to have experience of what you teach and a deeper understanding for when you get random questions.

There isn’t a CFAV Training handbook as such it’s a collection of pamphlets (books) starting with the Cadet Training Manual, most of which is out of date and has been superseded by various other Pams.

Have you done your JCIC? If so you’ll have a basic understanding of CFIT and should be aware of such things.
Ah okay, thanks. I am on a JCIC course in February 2019.

I do have copies of quite a few manuals (Including the CFIT manual and the Cadet Training Manual of 1990 (don't know if there has been any amendments to that one since)) If you give me a list of what you need, I can attach them here.

I do, however, fully agree with Boxy. As a cadet SSGT, I really recommend a full knowledge on a subject prior to teaching it, this really helps when it comes to you learning new things, and in teaching others, because you always get that kid asking "why?"

Best of luck on your JCIC though, hope it does you well.

Talon

Old-Salt
Your instructors should be able to provide you with electronic copies of manuals. If they aren't they can't expect you to prepare for lessons!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
muadib The Intelligence Cell 6
chuggafugga OTC and ACF 1
Kez O’Hara Juniors 34

Latest Threads