The Abbotts Club

Glad_its_all_over

ADC
Book Reviewer
Great to see a US detainee being allowed topsides Devex.
Now that enhanced interviewing has lost its lustre, the Company's planning an experiment in keel-hauling while doing 40 knots at 50 fathoms.

I can do that. Well, 1 fathom at 7 knots, but the principle's the same and the results/pleadings easier to see from the surface. Quotes available on request (ropework and refreshments extra. Terms and conditions apply).

Glad_its_all_over

ADC
Book Reviewer
I can do that. Well, 1 fathom at 7 knots, but the principle's the same and the results/pleadings easier to see from the surface. Quotes available on request (ropework and refreshments extra. Terms and conditions apply).
An attractive propsition, given that the SSN-enabled interview program will necessarily involve a highish percentage outfall of interview subjects into terminally non-compliant modes of operation. Best estimate currently is that 100% will be attrited pre-interview success, which the Agency considers something of an operational and fiscal challenge while drafting the business case.

I can do that. Well, 1 fathom at 7 knots
GB Snr is off on another of his ski and sun jollies soon, but this one sounds more like 7 fathoms at 1 knot. He also appears to be taking the "less enhanced" approach of staying in a decent hotel, in a rather lovely part of the world, with warm water to dive in, and lots of food and beer. The only risk of scratching will be from a too-rough rubdown at the hotel spa.

Yes, I'm envious, how can you tell... it makes that underwater security survey of HMS Tamar look like a stunningly sensible investment of his time and effort :cool:

Brig Ken Mears, who was D INT 74-75 and the first Corps officer to hold the post has had his obit published in the Torygraph.

I subscribe so can grt behind the paywall. I hve it in hard copy so I will photograph it later and post it up. Some of the older and bolder (well, the older anyway) may have known him, though he was way before my time.

mears.JPG

As promised. Whether or not you knew him, he was a warrior and a true Intelligencer to whom a glass was proffered this evening.

Latest Threads