The 55 year old Commando

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by spike7451, Apr 28, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Just starting on ITV4.

2. watching

3. Tommy, Is your signature a quotation or something you made up yourself?

4. What do you think? Here are some of Tommy's threads:

Toenails

Bodybuilding

Need some help

5. Hmmm typical civvy making a mountain out of molehill, getting ALLLLL the excuses in (I see the DS reckon not).. Lets see.
    ET

6. I wish he would stop going on and on about it. Body is older but mentally he should be much tougher...... obviously not. I thought he was going to cry when he passed the tarzan course. I know at least two 55 year olds who would pass (without the histrionics).

7. 55 year old civvy...go on then let's see :wink:

8. Without the sleepless nights and the Marine lifestyle the other lads suffer through training, the whole thing is pointless. Put him through the whole thing, and not just the fitness side, and it'd actually mean something. Running ten miles is a lot harder if you've been up since 4am bulling boots.

9. Good point...I am not privileged enough to have earned a green lid, but he is implying he gets it for doing his version of the Commando Course (as you say without all the other stuff).....and now he is complaining again.

10. I would say it's down to the DS who have earned it

11. Spot on JP. Pleeease tell me he is not going to be awarded a green beret and a parade. 18 year old geezers are smiling and chatting and he is erm crying; mind you good bloke for going to film the chaps in AFG.

12. well if you saw the episode where he got the beret, it was made clear that it was an "honorary" thing, no one expect's him to go kill someone in Afghanistan, but he did go through a load of shit and pain to film those guy's and do the commando test's, I personally couldn't imagine doing monkey bar's with busted up finger's...ouch. :eek:

13. I think you would be too if you did the commando course at 55, you tw@t.

14. All I will say is fair play to the guy. 55 and doing a course that people 25 years younger struggle to pass.

Mind you, P coy was a lot harder !!

15. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

Good on him. To go through the course at that age is some achievement.

Serious respect.