The 4th Reich ?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Adam(KOS), May 15, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Remember the council spies in Pool over the school issue? Well this little gem is bound to get abused ( A little black book )

I believe this will be abused by the bin, smoking etc police. Although I'm all for monitoring the likes of hate preachers, these people are already known by those who need to know.
    So what is the real agenda?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=566007&in_page_id=1770&in_page_id=1770&expand=true#StartComments

They will ask for and file reports on named troublemakers whose political activities are considered to be raising community tensions.

Reports on the behaviour and attitudes of local residents will be collected by community workers, neighbourhood wardens, local councillors and provided by voluntary organisations, according to a paper published by Communities Secretary Hazel Blears today.

It will then be considered by the monitoring committees run by town halls.

A sample "tension monitoring form" for use in checking on the likelihood of local racial or religious trouble asks for details of individuals considered to be making political trouble.

2. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

More un-wanted and un-needed quangos wasting our money. This is what most of the problem is with this lot.

3. You'd have thought they had learned after the local election kicking.

4. This is exactly how the Gestapo used to run their domestic monitoring operation.
    NuLabour=Old Nazi.

5. seconded, Its all a secret ploy like 1984 to get us on their side, they fcuk up the country slowly and on purpose by lack of common sense, PC craziness and with the media at their disposal hype things up to get the public "outraged" over minor events and slowly "fix" it and by fixing the country they can get away with inplimenting and using harsher and more controlling laws. Think about it.

Cal

6. Thanks for the actual document KoS.

My primary concern here, is what actually constitutes tension and political groups? Ignoring the more obvious elements like the far-right, and that includes JFK etc.

I have seen considerable local tensions over school closures, hospital closures, traffic issues, and quasi-political groups formed to address these issues. Will these groups now be subject to intense scrutiny?

This does stand out however

[Stable door open]
    [/stable door closed]

This is not a Government-down statement , this is a council-up statement, which is where I think this whole thing started.

7. My concern is it will also give cad blanch legitimacy ( An excuse ) for councils to spy on people under a false pretext.
    They'll be announcing 'Labour youth' movements next! :roll:

8. Why do you think NSLabour want to drop the voting age to 16.
    "Catch them young" as the late Fuhrer used to say.

9. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Maybe Winston was right in 1945, just enough for them to put it off till later?

10. Shite :eek: I'd forgotten about that. 8O

11. This country is going down the shitter so fast my heads starting to spin…

"Community Cohesion is what must happen in all communities..." states her guidance. It will be achieved, in part, "by establishing a multi-agency tension monitoring group, led by officers from the local authority and/or the local police force".

Hazel Blears : Local Government Minster

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/main.jhtml?xml=/opinion/2008/05/29/do2903.xml

12. For multi-agency tension monitoring group read Stazi - how long before children at school are encouraged to report on parents

13. They continue to treat the symptoms of a disease they've cultured themselves. Someone tell them, please. (Ah! Bishop Nazir-Ali! Do come in. Tea?)

They really, really don't see this, do they?

14. 'You will learn to love Big Brother'