The 4th of July!

Discussion in 'Multinational HQ' started by Proximo, Jun 30, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just a little something from your friendly Moderator for all those ARRSErs from the colonies who 'do' the Fourth of July.

Have a nice day, now! :D

Click here.

2. If you’re quick enough you can just manage to spell the word cnut :D

3. Wonderful!!!! But why not just stick to throwing a teabag in the sink?

4. Ah but tea bags in the sink can't beat a good bang... :roll:

5. Normally right now, I'd be driving to Mexico to buy as many illegal fireworks as we can fit into the trunk for the occasion.

But since I'm in England, virtual fireworks will have to do. :D Thanks, Darth!

6. Thanks, Darth.

Like most holidays, the sawdusty clan shall quaff much beer and more than likely tussle on the lawn when we achieve saturation. I'm looking forward to it.

7. I'm going to be on a plane back to the states from Norway on the 4th. This made my day :D

8. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Safe journey Chief, and if you are going through Shannon - be nice to the locals :wink:

9. Reminds me of the Southpark quote:

Ned: Are fireworks legal in Mexico?
    Jimbo: Hell, everything's legal in Mexico. It's the American way

10. July the 4 not only marks the day that we declare ourselves to be Americans( July 4 1776 Declaration of Independence) but is the day 2 of signors of the document died( Jefferson and Adams Died July 4 1826) The day of July 4 marks the beginning of the end for the Confederate States of America (Vicksburg surrenders to Grant--Lee begins his retreat from Gettysburg July 4 1863)
    The day is certainly worth a few fireworks legal or otherwise.

11. Thanks, mate.

Will be grilling burgers and bratwursts, flying the colours, playing martial music on the hi-fi, and drinkin' beers here.

Will try to find and consume a six pack of New Castle, just to show there's no hard feelings!

12. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Happy 230th Birthday y'all, have a great day. :D

3 cheers for His Majesty's Late Colony...hip,hip,hip...Huzza !

( white caps held at arms length waved decorously in a circular motion)

Don Cabra

13. I got home last night (after the staff at the Newark, NJ airport lost our luggage and delayed us twice) I saw the fireworks shooting up and exploding from almost a mile in the air. It's amazing how pretty fireworks look from an airplane. Interesting experience :D

14. perhaps a day to reflect that a big mistake was made and ask to rejoin the British Empire :)

15. I think not :(
    I for one would prefer them to stay outside the Commonwealth, although perhaps they could help share the British tax burden, as was the original problem.....