The 4 Day Week!

Discussion in 'Int Corps' started by steb4life, Nov 14, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just out of interest what hours do different units work at in our beloved Corps.

Diggers tends to be a 6 days on 3 days off with possibility of drop shifts
    14 is 0800-1730 Mon-Thur (less exercise commitments and 'Fastballs')

Reason for asking is that it's always banded about that the 4 day week is a massive compensation for being a 14 but they are very few and far between!
  2. Everywhere I go there is talk of other people having something called a sports afternoon and half day Fridays. Not sure what that means to be honest. Some of my dog handling unit compatriates seem to think that a 4 day week would be worthy of a payrise and as such substitute days for hours. 8O
  3. Everytime the bell rung in the Section 'liaison facility' in Germany we HAD to stop working and have a beer... :D

I loved my Sgt Maj over there! :D
  4. Did it get you promoted?
  5. Not nearly as fast as you! :hump:
  6. That's because I'm good at my job, not (unlike yourself) one of the blow variety!
  7. I have been working a 3 and half day week for the last 6 months - but then I am in my last year of service - guess that helps !!
  8. Milking this thread a bit..

What time do most of you finish?

I just got a call from CR and it wasn't till I hung up and looked at the time that I realised that it was post 1600hrs and CR was still in work!

Come to think of it, so am I!

One of the lads down at this end gets a bag on if he isnt out of the office by 1400... I'd say that I want his job, but I never really fancied all the North Face gear.

So.. if you read this before tomorrow (oo won't that be paradoxical or something if you actually read it tomorrow?!) then what time do you usually get out of the office?
  9. 1700 Mon tue thurs

1400/1500 Wed sports

1500 Fri definate
  10. 1800 or 1900 dependant on work every bl00dy day, the real sh!tter is watching the rest of the Army disappear at 1230 on a friday.

Mind you can't really complain as it 's the shortest hours I've worked, every other place there were bone duties and you worked until 2100 or 2200 at night, I know which side my breads buttered so I'm not moaning too much!

I'm going to escape early for a change, ie now, the boss is away!
  11. Start Work : 0800 (Mon-Fri)
    Finish Work: 1630 (Mon-Thu)*

Fri Finish 1230 (If I'm running late) I have left as early as 1000hrs, although to be fair I once left at 1630.

*dependent upon location of officers at SO2/SO1 level!
  12. HAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEAH RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!

you are sooooooooo full of sh*t! how come you are never there if i phone after 5pm you lying tw*t :)
  13. and weren't you surprised :)
  14. Sorry I thought someone was proposing working an extra day...................

I'll get my coat.
  15. Well that's one way of putting it. When people phone you on your own phone at work Re: ARRSE it makes you wonder! Or sh!t yourself.. one of the two! ;)