The 2011 Census

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Cuddles, Mar 17, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I filled in the census on-line this morning. Frankly it seems a hell of a wasted opportunity to gather information on the population; no request for favourite colours, viewpoint on Manchester United or indeed flavours of crisp. Just some pretty banal questions which they demanded you answer under threat of something vaguely threatening.

So I did. TFB is an Area Sales Manager and so I duly entered that in the slot requesting employment status. It then asked me to briefly describe what she did in that job (Q35! FFS). So I put "managing sales in an area"...that blinding illuminative shaft will no doubt enable our masters to suitably tweak the nation's policy.

I didn't put Jedi. That is so last census...
  2. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

You're not a Pancake Tuesday Adventist by any chance are you?
  3. Oh and as this is the NAAFI, the Census is headed up by Jill Matheson, the National Statistician. I googled her to see if she was worth a squirt. Unfortunately as you can see:

she really isn't...which when you think about mathematicians and female mathematicians is statistically unremarkable!
  4. No, nor am I a Higgs_bosun Seventh Day Determinist either...
  5. I didn't fill mine in
  6. You f'kin rebel :)
  7. That's nails Prince Albert! And a £1000 fine!
  8. I'd like to see them try! I feel that it is against my human rights to ask these sort of questions (I don't, but that's my defence)

If all these dirty foreign cunts can get away with all manner of things under human rights, then I can too!
  9. Far better, fill it in and make up names, tell them there are 500 people in your house all called Obi Wan. It's worth the effort just to screw up the historians of the future. No one says that it has to be true and no one will check.
  10. I Shredded Mine...

...After I got the code off the front and filled it in online.
  11. I had considered writing all the Welsh Rugby legends down, but once I realised that I couldn't be arrsed to write my own name down, I canned it.
  12. We should write little messages to our future relatives who in 100+ years will look at scanned copies of the form.
  13. (Replaces tinfoil helmet)They will simply review the cameras inside your local post box...before passing your details on to "Them". Oh sorry, not "them-them", the County courts them...