The 2011 Census

I filled in the census on-line this morning. Frankly it seems a hell of a wasted opportunity to gather information on the population; no request for favourite colours, viewpoint on Manchester United or indeed flavours of crisp. Just some pretty banal questions which they demanded you answer under threat of something vaguely threatening.

So I did. TFB is an Area Sales Manager and so I duly entered that in the slot requesting employment status. It then asked me to briefly describe what she did in that job (Q35! FFS). So I put "managing sales in an area"...that blinding illuminative shaft will no doubt enable our masters to suitably tweak the nation's policy.

I didn't put Jedi. That is so last census...
Oh and as this is the NAAFI, the Census is headed up by Jill Matheson, the National Statistician. I googled her to see if she was worth a squirt. Unfortunately as you can see:

she really isn't...which when you think about mathematicians and female mathematicians is statistically unremarkable!

That's nails Prince Albert! And a £1000 fine!
I'd like to see them try! I feel that it is against my human rights to ask these sort of questions (I don't, but that's my defence)

If all these dirty foreign cunts can get away with all manner of things under human rights, then I can too!

Far better, fill it in and make up names, tell them there are 500 people in your house all called Obi Wan. It's worth the effort just to screw up the historians of the future. No one says that it has to be true and no one will check.
I had considered writing all the Welsh Rugby legends down, but once I realised that I couldn't be arrsed to write my own name down, I canned it.
Considering the options are to either fill it in on-line or post it back via the Royal Snail how the feck are they gonna prove you didn't do the latter?
(Replaces tinfoil helmet)They will simply review the cameras inside your local post box...before passing your details on to "Them". Oh sorry, not "them-them", the County courts them...
I'm impressed.

I haven't filled mine in either,but that's just because I read the front first,including the 3rd paragraph which reads ' Please complete your census questionaire on 27th March 2011,or as soon as possible afterwards.

OOps. ;-)

I managed to throw a wobbly on the last one and binned it. They doorstepped me and I told them prove I didnt post it! No action taken!
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
vvaannmmaann The NAAFI Bar 13
ugly Miscellaneous Jokes 0
pombsen-armchair-warrior Current Affairs, News and Analysis 27