The 2008 Challenge to Clerks - can you hack it ?

Discussion in 'AGC, RAPTC and SASC' started by Cutaway, Apr 25, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

An ex-colleague has been living overseas for a number of years, and always managed to keep a subscription to Soldier magazine going.
    He enlisted in 1952 and was remarkably well travelled during his over 22 yrs in the British army, then on retirement he served with distinction elsewhere.

He's since completely retired and lives on his British Army pension, but with the rise in the cost of living he cannot afford to pay for his magazines any more.

Is there a switched-on Clerk out there who is able to put him on the retired distribution list for Soldier and/or The Gunner ?

If the old boys network can't help no worries, I'll get them for him myself.

(Also posted in the Gunners, NAAFI and RHQ fora.)

2. I'll chip in £15 if you don't get any joy. PM me if needed.

3. My Branch always receives more copies of Soldier than we need. I could always send one of them on instead of binning it.

4. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Many thanks for all the offers & PMs.

Looks like this has been put to bed by other means as at 12:17 hrs.

5. Thankfully this personal admin issue was put to bed by 'other means'.

You obviously couldn't hack it by virtue of your challenge - whatever your trade/capbadge!! :lol: :lol:

6. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

This 'stormtrooper' chap looks interesting, and so upset too ! Bless.
    Before I answer his questions I think I'll take a wee squint at him.

He reckons I'm narrow minded even though he himself is not a Clerk.
    Does he mean to insinuate that had I asked a Clerk on the breadth of my mind it would be confirmed as narrow ?

I can't imagine any Clerk worth his rations could put together a sentence so devoid of spelling and grammar:
    "Were unable to succeed in your own challenge and preferred the help of a meer Clerk? Good lord, the clerks may have received a compliment in code"

It hardly matters as Stormtrooper66 is a little confused himself, because strangely enough he claims to be a Clerk just here.

So, a little porkie in at least one of these two posts - and he only had ten at the time I quoted him !

Anyway to put your mind at rest, the reason I referred this to the AGC forum and Clerks in particular was twofold:

1. Upkeep of the various distribution lists is one of the many responsibilities that tend to fall to one or other of the Clerks, and if they could assist a deserving ex-sldr so much the better.
    2. In my experience one of the Clerks tends to be spammed with the job of distributing Soldier magazine, both internally and externally.

It seems our little member of the Schutzstaffel suddenly remembered he really was a Clerk, what their duties were and who receives Soldier first, so has amended his post to read:

I couldn't hack it because I made the challenge ? :roll:
    By your 'logic' P-Coy staff can't handle any of their tests either.

So what can one deduce from Stormtrooper66's post ?
    1. He is a liar. (Or, being generous, just confused about his rôle in life.)
    2. He is indecisive.
    3. He is illiterate.
    4. He is unhelpful.
    5. He is assumptive
    6. He is illogical in his thoughts.

Sorry, I'd better summarise:
    Stormtrooper66, you are a cunt, not a particularly good one at that.
    If you are too bitter at not getting picked up for Staff to assist old soldiers, I will permit you to suck my scabby hoop.

7. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

As it took poor old Stormtrooper66 a bit of time before he managed to remember that he really was a clerk, I have found a photo to remind him.
    It shows him at his duties in the field - as a "meer Clerk"

[​IMG]

8. Im missing something. Did he edit his posts?

9. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Yeah, I'd quoted it to reply later then went for a beer.

Poor lamb was confused, must be the PTSD from not picking up the crown on the last board.

10. Nice one Cutaway, that put the shiny arrsed twat in his place. If your source for mags dries up we have plenty, just a pm away. Dont understand why they are not free to all Army pensioners anyway, might be a good question to put to the magazine editors!

11. Oh really !! 8)

12. Thanks for the adult gesture, most pleasant. Nothing to do with not being selected for promotion and most certainly not against assisting old soldiers, however, strongly suggest you see a Dr ref your your 'scabby hoop' :lol:

Oh by the way where did you get the quotes from other than;
    "Thankfully this personal admin issue was put to bed by 'other means'.
    "You obviously couldn't hack it by virtue of your challenge - whatever your trade/capbadge!!"

Willing to concede my grammar wasn't at it's normal level (much higher than above!).

Perhaps an email to Soldier Magazine from yourself would have been more proactive than trying to 'spam' or 'challenge' a clerk via these means.

Anyway I am going to 'cutaway' now seeyah!

13. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Guten Abend Herr Unterscharführer,

Oh by the way where did you get the quotes from other than;
    "Thankfully this personal admin issue was put to bed by 'other means'.
    "You obviously couldn't hack it by virtue of your challenge - whatever your trade/capbadge!!"

Inability to comprehend the written word needs to be added as Serial #7 to the quoted list I see.

You are well aware I quoted your original post.
    Pretending you hadn't edited it prior to my reply just won't wash - it had already been noted by other site members.

Reference contacting Soldier Magazine directly, this had already been tried on a number of occasions but without the desired result.

Be honest with yourself, do you really believe you're spending your life in the correct environment if you react in this manner to anything called a challenge ? I'm sure a nice civvy job be better suited to your fragile nature.

It's a shame you get this agitated at calls for assistance, so in an endeavour to assuage your delicate temperament I shall ask MDN to halt his 'spamming' in the NAAFI Bar.

Can't risk you stamping your foot again now can we ?

14. If you ever got your SSgt, that would make you 3 ranks over promoted.

15. Inability to comprehend the written word needs to be added as Serial #7 to the quoted list I see. Book me in the school of 'cutaway' please.

You are well aware I quoted your original post. Am I??
    Pretending you hadn't edited it prior to my reply just won't wash - it had already been noted by other site members. Back to acting school - Oh do you have this facility at your school?

Reference contacting Soldier Magazine directly, this had already been tried on a number of occasions but without the desired result. Got fcuked off by the organ grinder mmmm!!

Be honest with yourself, do you really believe you're spending your life in the correct environment if you react in this manner to anything called a challenge ? I'm sure a nice civvy job be better suited to your fragile nature. Not long to go(just under 2 years until pension) and I will be a civvy and well away from morons like you!

It's a shame you get this agitated at calls for assistance, so in an endeavour to assuage your delicate temperament I shall ask MDN to halt his 'spamming' in the NAAFI Bar. Ask whoever, whatever you like I really don't give a hoot.

Can't risk you stamping your foot again now can we ? Well you can always try and stamp on the other one, as i do have 2 feet (left & right).

Keep smiling cutaway it may never happen.