Thats What I Call a Pay Rise

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Rooper, Nov 25, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Zip. None. De naada. Feck all. Zero.
  2. Can't even make 7% our tight-fisted gubmint
  3. Having served with said forces I can confirm that their salary structure is composed of basic pay + allowances. The basic pay, the element that is being uplifted, is hardly generous. I imagine the inflation in Dubai/Abu Dhabi is pretty steep at the moment hence the recent strike by the construction labour force. Combine the two and it looks like this uplift will merely restore previous parity.

That said, they are not overworked, they do not deploy on ops, they have extremly limited capability of any description, and officers from Lt Col upwards receive an extremely generous package of allowance in addition to dispensation to act as 'sponsors' for foreign investors.
  4. We need a 70% payrise to keep up with the mess bills now Sodexho have taken charge of the messes. Fat chance :roll:
  5. Interesting that the UAE, like so many other countries in the world, has modelled its Armed Forces on our own because of its admiration. However, as a certain person once said:
  6. I need a 70% pay rise just to cover my day to day work expenses,

every day somebody is leaving and they want money out of me,

then somebody is having a baby and they want money out of me,

then it is somebodys birthday and they want money out of me,

tnen I seem to pay an extortionate amount of money into a brew fund and there is still no money to buy milk.

I think I spend more than I earn in a day just by showing up to work.
  7. More chance of getting the mobile field brothels being discussed in the NAAFI Bar at the minute.

Glad it's not just me then! It'd be cheaper to be AWOL some weeks (and you forgot Troop/Sqn funds that you never see again).