Thats the last time I fly Club Class

Once got an upgrade to First Class on BA but only to look after a patient and stowaway ;) on the flight :meditate: .

They could have stuck her in one of the overhead luggage bins, they're never full in first anyway, and she's not going to care, because she's brown bread.

Mr Trinder, a BA gold card holder who had paid nearly £4,000 for his seat, said he thought he was dreaming.
Four grand for an airseat? I think I'm dreaming as well.

Mr Trinder was told the 'corpse policy' would remain in place until someone came up with a better idea.
Er, just throwing this one out there. How about instead of stuffing the dead body in to a chair, and wedging cushions in to hold it up, you wrap it up (but leave the air hole free) and put it in the hold. It was on a 747 FFS not a little Cessna or 727.

Even on a smaller airliner, I feel pretty sure there would ahve been somewhere more suitable to put the body. In one of the bogs for example, so people don't have to look at it, and it has some chance of not being gawked at by everyone.

B_AND_T

LE
Book Reviewer
Or pour a couple of minatures over her and just say she's had to much and is sleeping it off.

Like that one B_AND_T.

As they carried her up the aisle did any one shout "Did anyone else have the fish?"

B_AND_T

LE
Book Reviewer
A passenger complains that he woke up with a stiff. Happens to me every morning!

No need for the kiss of life then?

And I'm NOT offering!

If there was enough room up in first class (and at £4,000 a seat why wouldn't there be) for the whole family to come up, howabout laying her out across several seats? Then covering her with a blanket?

After a while, you could dress her in the pilots rig, carry her aft, asking "does anyone know how to fly a plane?". Providing no one saw her croak to start with, of course.

Still she was ok at dead reckoning.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
mistersoft said:
Still she was ok at dead reckoning.
That's EXACTLY the type of humour which gives the board such a bad name....thank you :biggrin:

B_AND_T

LE
Book Reviewer
The passenger was a squaddie but he wouldn't divulge which corpse he was in.

Saw this in the Sunday Times yesterday.

Very odd actions-on by the BA staff. All 747s have a crew compartment with bunks - surely better to put the old dear there than annoy your most profitable customers.No doubt all the Pursers are being re-briefed this week so that it doesn't happen again.

Besides, why couldn't the daughter have wept with grief in economy?

If you were that passenger waking up next to a stiff, (good looking and of the opposite sex of course) would curiosity get the better of you and would you try to....... and.........
Sick I know, but just a thought!

dunploddin said:
If you were that passenger waking up next to a stiff, (good looking and of the opposite sex of course) would curisoity get the better of you and would you try to and.........
Sick I know, but just a thought!
Surely, in First Class you would call a stewardess to rumage the deceased for you......