Thats the Badger

Didnt know if this is the right place to post this but after doing my trade course in November 2005 & hering this say ing "thats the badger" & now my PSI has come out with it at the TAC wondered where it had come from cause it makes me chuckle when i here it

Not too sure where from, but it's been a colloquialism for a couple of years now. Remember (now ex) Mrs Guru No2 coming out with "That's the Otter" once by mistake, which then superceded Badger in the troop.

This was in very common use in the Skins in 1990 when I joined. Another popular expression expressing approval was "Spotty Dog". A Geordie PSI in my first TA Unit found the latter most amusing and would always greet me with "Why aye, Spottit Dog Mr Plume".

some good ones coming thrugh i have heard a few like that

Muts nuts for dogs bo**ox
& the new one a heard the other day was badgers nadgers

i think its quite good to here all these dififerent sayings

Quite funny that Guru. Bit like Arthur Daley's " the worlds your lobster my son" quote.

I have a good mate who on his first leave home said to his (civvy) pals, " I need to get some food, Im Hank Marvin." Next time he comes home a few weeks later, one of his mates obviously slightly impressed with the army patois tries to join in and says, " I could do with some scoff, Im Marvin Gaye"!!
Cue laughter

watto135 said:
Didnt know if this is the right place to post this but after doing my trade course in November 2005 & hering this say ing "thats the badger" & now my PSI has come out with it at the TAC wondered where it had come from cause it makes me chuckle when i here it
Word stealers.

watto135 said:
This could be your answer:

Clickety here

I've been using this one for years -- it really confuses the natives

naguere said:
This could be your answer:

Clickety here
Why rougher than "a badger's ARRSE"? How is it rougher than, say, a possum's or porcupine's ARRSE? Who measures these things?

Have used it and heard the phrase in forces circles for years. When I was back in the UK for Christmas, BBC Wales was using it as a tag-line for some ad campaign- Digital TV I think. Would love to know where they picked it up.

In Crab Air, "Badger" is the call made to your companions when you have just let one off.

My daughter was at school and a teacher asked them to draw something,as she was walking round,the little `un god bless her, piped up with the immortal phrase:
"hey miss have a look at these badgers"
The teacher didn`t have a clue what she was on about,fair made my day when she told me :D