That's next years General Election sorted then...

Does Fcuknuts think that we're all stupid? I kind of reckon that this billshut means that If CMD & Gorgeous Goerge win the next election that the chances of a referendum are also a load of bollox as they find a way to worm out of that as well.

UK to pay £1.7bn EU bill in full despite Osborne’s claim to have halved it
Chancellor says bill was cut to £850m but Treasury aides admit Britain is also returning its automatic rebate, making up the rest

Finance-ministers-meet-in-011.jpg

This seems to be a big chuck-up for our Nigel...

OK, we'll only pay £850million - that'll teach them. For once (and I'm feeling a little sick about it), I have to agree with Ed Balls, that this is a load of bollocks.

Of course, if Blair hadn't conceded cuts in the EU rebate costing over £4 billion a year the payment would have been even more.

Thought it was going to be a sort of EU / Con Dem effort to out flank UKIP. EU demands money,CMD stands up to them, gets rebate. Aren't I great, look at me stand up to Europe type thing.

Pretty obvious that the sum would be paid somehow. Bunch of spineless f***ers.
Agreed. How dare our politicians conform to agreed processes and not welch on the deal.

Thought it was going to be a sort of EU / Con Dem effort to out flank UKIP. EU demands money,CMD stands up to them, gets rebate. Aren't I great, look at me stand up to Europe type thing.

If that was the case, it hasn't worked out very well has it? It's looking more like a gift-wrapped early Christmas present to UKIP.

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
The Govn hasn't spun this very well. They should have focussed on how well their efforts have aided the economy to recover resulting in a proportionate payment to the EU in line with said recovery.

Agreed. How dare our politicians conform to agreed processes and not welch on the deal.

That's it in a nutshell. Why should we "conform to agreed processes" from an organisation that can't be arsed to audit its accounts? What sort of deal is it that this country has to pay £850 million back to the EU, because our economy is performing a bit better than the other basket cases? We'll never get back on our feet at this rate!

That's it in a nutshell. Why should we "conform to agreed processes" from an organisation that can't be arsed to audit its accounts? What sort of deal is it that this country has to pay £850 million back to the EU, because our economy is performing a bit better than the other basket cases? We'll never get back on our feet at this rate!
Read the LINK and try to avoid Daily Mail soundbites, eh?

Read the LINK and try to avoid Daily Mail soundbites, eh?
Thanks for your superior response. I'm quite capable of making up my own mind, as you are too. The fact that we are on either side of this issue is what makes the internet so stimulating.

Thanks for your superior response. I'm quite capable of making up my own mind, as you are too. The fact that we are on either side of this issue is what makes the internet so stimulating.
Open, upfront apology for being patronising. The debate is not particularly stimulating though when some posters (judge for youself if "cap fits") dont actually do any research beyond identifying where the keys "to the bus" are hung.

It's just so easy for us all to blame the EU bogeyman, when so often the problem lies much, much closer to home.

Open, upfront apology for being patronising. The debate is not particularly stimulating though when some posters (judge for youself if "cap fits") dont actually do any research beyond identifying where the keys "to the bus" are hung.

It's just so easy for us all to blame the EU bogeyman, when so often the problem lies much, much closer to home.

Apologies also for biting! :smile:
I accept Europe is a complicated issue, but I personally believe the EU has changed out of all recognition since the British electorate were given their say and I don't believe we should be throwing money continuously at the problem at this time, without questioning why. However, I also accept your statement that our own Politicians (as ever!) have contributed massively to the problem over the decades, leading to the current shambles . It's a buggers muddle alright and it is little wonder there is a significant anti-EU bandwagon rolling along in this country.

Apologies also for biting! :smile:
I accept Europe is a complicated issue, but I personally believe the EU has changed out of all recognition since the British electorate were given their say and I don't believe we should be throwing money continuously at the problem at this time, without questioning why. However, I also accept your statement that our own Politicians (as ever!) have contributed massively to the problem over the decades, leading to the current shambles . It's a buggers muddle alright and it is little wonder there is a significant anti-EU bandwagon rolling along in this country.

Holy sh1t reasonable pleasant debate about the EU on arrse. I never thought I would see the day.

Holy sh1t reasonable pleasant debate about the EU on arrse. I never thought I would see the day.
Normal service will be resumed shortly - fear not.

Yeeah, F**k the EU.......!! :hungry::hump:

NSP

LE
Given Blair gave up our rebate in return for a major CAP rewrite, which hasn't happened as far as I can see, then surely a demand for the reinstatement of said conceded rebate on a "breach of contract" basis, backdated to when it was surrendered, would settle the matter, as it would make waiving £1.7bn cheap at a fraction of the price...?

I heard some fecker on the TV yesterday saying that this "mechanism" was never designed for this and that no other EU member had ever had a demand for extra payments to be made. So, the question that no one is asking is this, WTF are the cnuts at Brussels actually going to do with this buckshee £840million that they've all of a sudden got?

Latest Threads