Thatcher in hospital for tests

I hope that whatever hospital she's in treats her in accordance with the market forces she insisted were good enough in the NHS for the rest of us.

Somehow, I very much doubt that will be the case, though.

frenchperson said:
I sincerely hope she's ok and doesn't join the choir invisible, in the row above Francis Pym.
Who are you and how have you hacked in to frenchies account?

Is she still in line for a state funeral when she eventually goes?

smartascarrots said:
I hope that whatever hospital she's in treats her in accordance with the market forces she insisted were good enough in the NHS for the rest of us.

Agreed, lets hope Karma smacks her one right in her smug little kisser.

Sven said:
How many industries gone down the drain, primary and secondary?
A good point Sven. Crushing all those Bolshie miners and steel 'workers' was Thatcher's finest achievement. I expect that's why they erected a statue of her in Parliament.

I must say I'm surprised to find that you are 'one of us'. I'll get Dave to send you an invite for the next guest night at the Bullingdon club.

I think selling off all the countries assets was her greatest acheivment.Hope you have a long and happy illness Maggie

I was thinking of Gas,Electricity,Water,Railways,etc etc.

Obviously split into the normal two camps here as far as Maggie is concerned.

I'm certainly pro-maggie and hope she is OK.

Detmold_Drunk said:
You forgot selling of shitloads of the gold reserve? Sorry my mistake,that was Gordy and,the Liarbour party. As for your timeline on "Gas,Electricity,etc",go and read the books again!
At least she took care of the Armed Forces,look at the shite you are in today?

Sven,crawl back inside wherever it is you come from,and stop touting you Lab/Dim crap all over these forums, I dare say people recognise you as a member of the Lab/Dims,because of the brown line on your arrse,caused by the Creosote stain from all the fence sitting you lot do! :roll:

smartascarrots said:

Not often that you post something that I consider ridiculous. But this is one. How long since Maggie was in power? How long have other regimes had to correct a ridiculous mistake?

Blaming our situation now on Margaret Thatcher is stupid.

I don't disagree that she made mistakes. I just disagree that there has not been enough time to put any mistakes away since she left office.

Detmold_Drunk said:
Funnily enough, so was I as most of those things were regularly cut off in the 1970s.

It has to be said though, Thatcher wasn't the saint that some make her out to be. I remember shedding a tear for Jim Callaghan in 1979 when I realised how much we would lose under Thatcher. Power cuts, smallpox, food shortages, 98% tax, hyperinflation and real fears of a typhoid epidemic when the bin men went on strike were all to become nostalgic memories in 1979.

More than anything else I realised that I'd miss the sheer excitement of Labour rule. There's nothing like the rush you get from breaking in to an elderly neighbour's house and wondering whether she's alive or dead from hypothermia 'cos the b@stard miners are on strike again and there's been no coal for a month. It's perhaps only matched by the thrill of a 'blue light' trip to hospital with her in an ambulance, breaking the speed limits, jumping red lights and only stopping at the entrance to the hospital so the flying pickets can check whether she's sick enough to cross their picket line.

My hopes of a return to the good old days were dashed when Maggie led the Tories to a landslide in 1983. How I yearned to see Michael Foot and his donkey jacket walking into No 10. Like him, I knew that the Falklands really belonged to Argentina and that unilateral disarmarment was the only way to protect ourselves against nuclear attack. I was also really looking forward to serving on a Soviet 'Widowmaker' nuclear submarine when Britain joined the Warsaw Pact and the UK-USSR exchange programmes started.

But, sadly, it was not to be. Maggie just kept getting re-elected by people who didn't understand how much better the 80s would have been if Britain had kept paying the miners to go on strike every winter.

Ancient_Mariner said:
Detmold_Drunk said:
Funnily enough, so was I as most of those things were regularly cut off in the 1970s.

It has to be said though, Thatcher wasn't the saint that some make her out to be. I remember shedding a tear for Jim Callaghan in 1979 when I realised how much we would lose under Thatcher. Power cuts, smallpox, food shortages, 98% tax, hyperinflation and real fears of a typhoid epidemic when the bin men went on strike were all to become nostalgic memories in 1979.

More than anything else I realised that I'd miss the sheer excitement of Labour rule. There's nothing like the rush you get from breaking in to an elderly neighbour's house and wondering whether she's alive or dead from hypothermia 'cos the b@stard miners are on strike again and there's been no coal for a month. It's perhaps only matched by the thrill of a 'blue light' trip to hospital with her in an ambulance, breaking the speed limits, jumping red lights and only stopping at the entrance to the hospital so the flying pickets can check whether she's sick enough to cross their picket line.

My hopes of a return to the good old days were dashed when Maggie led the Tories to a landslide in 1983. How I yearned to see Michael Foot and his donkey jacket walking into No 10. Like him, I knew that the Falklands really belonged to Argentina and that unilateral disarmarment was the only way to protect ourselves against nuclear attack. I was also really looking forward to serving on a Soviet 'Widowmaker' nuclear submarine when Britain joined the Warsaw Pact and the UK-USSR exchange programmes started.

But, sadly, it was not to be. Maggie just kept getting re-elected by people who didn't understand how much better the 80s would have been if Britain had kept paying the miners to go on strike every winter.
I thought that you was old. If so, why is your memory so good?

Weirdo.

Perturbed said:
smartascarrots said:

Not often that you post something that I consider ridiculous. But this is one. How long since Maggie was in power? How long have other regimes had to correct a ridiculous mistake?

Blaming our situation now on Margaret Thatcher is stupid.

I don't disagree that she made mistakes. I just disagree that there has not been enough time to put any mistakes away since she left office.
Blair kept her work ticking along, resulting in the mess we have now, and Brown's doing the same.

What's the latest, by the way? Has she popped off yet?