That word !!!

Discussion in 'Int Corps' started by Dubb_al_Ibn, Mar 22, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just seen a posting on the medics' bit asking for "intel" about an Northern Ireland posting.

Two thoughts:

1. What should be a suitable punishment for any member of the armed forces using this hideous expression (and I'm particularly interested in what you'd consider appropriate for staff officers) ?

2. How about the Corps having an equivalent to "Red Nose" day; a "non-use of the word Intel, you moron" day. Perhaps anyone that uses it could have something silly and hilariously comedic done to them...like having all their fingers cut off with a rusty knife.

2. Granted... I was only a cadet at the time on attachment to a Reggy unit... but when I called a Land-Rover a "Landy". I was promptly taken round the back and shagged by my red faced, moustachioed, booze breathing CO. I am still today convinced that there was a relationship beween these two incidents.

Therefore, this should be the standard punishment for all such horrors.

3. Might be a few people on this site who'd enjoy that.

4. Next thing folk will be calling GPMG's Gimpys and the Galley the Cook House!

5. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

We should keep quiet about the word 'Intel' because its a useful combat indicator for when the bullshit quotient is high.

6. What have Pentium processors and NI got in common?

7. Irritating jingles?

8. I'm sure the MO has got some ointment for that.

9. Yeaahhh... plus the word Intel smacks of a highly succesful front line company on the breaking edge of technology that's gained world wide renound and respect.

Gentelmen please use the more appropriate accron ackrony word!