That went well

Just because he has worked with the police for years doesn't mean that every officer in the force would know him. I am in a similar sized force and couldn't tell you who our race relations advisors are, let alone recognise them in the street.
My other observation is that race relations.....indeed police/public relations is a two way street. I fully accept that no citizen is obliged to give their details to the police, but, 22 years of service tell me that most people are happy to.....particularly if it prevents them being arrested.
I don't think this officer handled the incident particularly well, but neither did Mr Adunbi.
Being a bit of a devils advocate:
I agree that he could have given his details, but both parties knew he didn't need to.
My thoughts on this situation is that if the female officer hadnt been involved and a more 'useful' male or female officer had been on scene the chap would have been detained for a search or similar and would have been secured/cuffed without the need for the taser.

Why is identifying yourself to a police officer a big problem? Why is submitting to a stop and search such a big problem? If you a are a honest citizen co-operate and get on with the rest of your day, it would appear to me that you either have something to hide or you're just being a left wing self righteous cock.

they only zapped him coz e woz a darkie.
they only employed him for the same reason.
shame it wasn't in America.
stupid people win stupid prizes. compo lottery player i suspect.

49er

On ROPS
On ROPs
So you don't think the literally hundred of racial tension situations he sorted out count for anythng, of the years he spent working with the police as a race relations officer count for anything, or the work he did in the local community to improve the area?

Its worth remembering that Bristol has had some very nasty race riots in the past, but thanks to efforts from people like the chap in the video tensions have dropped massively and the police and local black communities have much closer ties..................he spent years working with the police to improve his community.
Perhaps you can have a guess as to whether this incident helped or hindered race relations with the police ;)
That sort of "community " tosser needs to be slapped down, and then slapped down again. Perhaps in that way the "entitled" will learn some responsibility towards the host country. At some point they must learn that they are here under sufference and they are not generally welcomed.

Why is identifying yourself to a police officer a big problem?
Because it's not required and any policeman acting as if it is is exceeding their powers.

Why is submitting to a stop and search such a big problem?
Because it's a pain in the arse when it happens repeatedly to perfectly innocent people.

If you a are a honest citizen co-operate and get on with the rest of your day, it would appear to me that you either have something to hide or you're just being a left wing self righteous cock.
If you've nothing to hide, you've nothing to fear? That's not an accurate reflection of real life.

That sort of "community " tosser needs to be slapped down, and then slapped down again. Perhaps in that way the "entitled" will learn some responsibility towards the host country. At some point they must learn that they are here under sufference and they are not generally welcomed.
Not welcomed by racist twats I supposed.
Are you one of those?

Being a bit of a devils advocate:
I agree that he could have given his details, but both parties knew he didn't need to.
My thoughts on this situation is that if the female officer hadnt been involved and a more 'useful' male or female officer had been on scene the chap would have been detained for a search or similar and would have been secured/cuffed without the need for the taser.
On what grounds would they detain him for a search or “similar”, whatever that means?

On what grounds would they detain him for a search or “similar”, whatever that means?
On the same 'grounds' they were insisting he gave his details, and the same grounds they entered his property and eventually tasered him.

I didn't say what they should have done but rather what they could have done.
Sorry if you thought I was quoting lawful procedure as part of my devil's advocate.

When I worked with young offenders I also noted the 'punch in the face' tactic that a few police used in similar circumstances wasn't correct proceedure earlier :)