Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

THAT rifle

Are those stars where the individual rounds hit?
I believe some of the rounds actually broke the Earth's gravity, entered space, and are now orbiting a number of different planets !! ;) .

4z7vz5.jpg

NSP

LE
What's wrong with that video?
Clearly made by a shiny-arsed engineer who designs stuff and never takes it for a test-drive. Even I know that it's mag off and cycle the action to check there's nothing lurking in the chamber then break the action to begin strip-down, not mag off and break action, begin strip-down...!!!

Clearly made by a shiny-arsed engineer who designs stuff and never takes it for a test-drive. Even I know that it's mag off and cycle the action to check there's nothing lurking in the chamber then break the action to begin strip-down, not mag off and break action, begin strip-down...!!!
We were always told gas plug and cylinder out first before breaking the action and removing the working parts.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
We were always told gas plug and cylinder out first before breaking the action and removing the working parts.
"Because it will still work without the gas parts, you'll just be cocking the weapon every time you fire. We do it this way, gentlemen, in case you get rushed and you need the weapon."

...a bit like only one bloke has a boot off at a time, etc.

It's almost as if we were a professional army with a lot of hard-earned experience, and not just a bunch of alcoholic racists, eh?

"Because it will still work without the gas parts, you'll just be cocking the weapon every time you fire. We do it this way, gentlemen, in case you get rushed and you need the weapon."

...a bit like only one bloke has a boot off at a time, etc.

It's almost as if we were a professional army with a lot of hard-earned experience, and not just a bunch of alcoholic racists, eh?
Amen brother. We were actually a bloody impressive crew either sober or pissed!