THAT rifle

...ah yes, the little small metal gun, so easy to clean - back in the bar while everyone else was scraping and scratching :)
Yes, in a Shirley Bassey, , tucked into the side pouch of a SAS bergan orThomas Bin for the duration meant cleaning was not a chore...

Because I'm ex (Ex SLR) Corp shooting team, I was quite happy to purchase civvie gun cleaning products from the gun shop, one of which was a liquid carbon remover, so when I got to my new unit and was issued a manky SA-80, I doused the relevant yucky parts it in it. A week later, weapon cleaning time again, and all that hard carbon is now in liquid form, one spanky clean SA-80! Someone must have noticed (The smell of the Amyl Acetate it produced?), because I suddenly kept getting issued replacement weapons every month (Normally the LSWs).

I always admired the Jack B'stards who got themselves away to the bar instead of helping their muckers clean the bigger items.

Always made for a good chat afterwards.
Yep - swings and roundabouts but then our little team all had the small metal gun so we were all in the bar.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Last edited: