That Major again

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by msr, May 2, 2003.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. msr

msr LE

2. I bet they're checking the mess silver at his last unit.
  3. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Whilst Pte Atkins is courts-martialled for missing a guard!
  4. Tosh...............High spirits  ;D
  5. I know of two Warrant Officer's both in their final tour of duty, who were banged by the blue traffic meanies for doing under a ton, each.

A fine and pointsfrom the Beak followed.  They get back to camp and the Brigade commander takes the LS&GC off both of them.  Apparently it could have been worse.  Going to court apparently brings the Army into disrepute within the army Act, interesting to see what happens if you are a TV star......

but dosen't he seem like a nice chap?  An appropriate "cough" in MS branch will probably resolve the issue???
  6. Now it is more than apparant that this cookie has a debt problem.  His recent antics have shown that he has been more than a bit frugal with the honesty thing.  What else is due to come out of the woods?  Has the Army considered looking at any recent 'claims' which he may have submitted?   I believe that if they scratch a bit deeper, 'Our Man in Debt', will be revealed for what he truly is.   He may appear a nice guy on the face of it, but I've never trusted a thief and that is what he is.    He's also an embarrassment to the Service.  Get rid of him now.   I'd bet my shirt that he's committed several offences in the mob, for which he should be Courts Martialled.   He may come over as the 'Bumbling Major', but actions speak louder than words and his actions have screamed deception.  
  7. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Maybe he can expose the left nipple and raise a trouser leg and get off all together!
  8. He really does come across as Tim Nice But Dim. It's not just the disrepute that's a problem, it's how embarassing he is as an example of the intellect, common sense and integrity of a British Army Officer.

They just remind me of the Hamiltons, except I have more respect for Christine Hamilton than I do Diana Ingram!

I suspect this will run and run...

On a lighter note: As for the left nipple / trouser leg brigade.... we could always club together and send him an anonymous (ahem!) gift of an ARRSE T-shirt. That would sort his left nipple out. Apparently.
  9. msr

msr LE

Wouldn't it be more appropriate to leaf one and present it to him? ;D ;D ;D
  10. Intellect, common sense,integrity, British Army Officer.........all in the same sentence?  hahahahahahahahaha!!  stop it !! I'll wet myself!! :D :D :D :D :D
  11. Is this man still serving? If he is then surely a charge of bringing the Army into disrepute should follow?

He's also up in court AGAIN soon. This time in Bouremouth charged with deception linked to dodgy insurance claims.
  12. If he was a soldier, yep, but as he's an officer I would expect him to be *asked* to resign, with no outstanding charges.

They could always go down the AGAI 67 route, but whilst I've seen a few tries at using it (from a CO whose *moral standards* are stronger than the popes), I've yet to see it go all the way.
  13. In my reckoning, the Army will no doubt be trying to confirm a way of getting rid of him that leaves him with no rights whatsoever (pension etc etc).  To allow him to resign would be wrong.  Before the Army Board will make a decision on whether or not he should be dishonourably discharged thay will want to be totally sure that their case is water tight, ensuring that there is no come back for wrongful dismissal.  Have no doubts that the Army Legal Service will be working overtime to ensure that when he gets booted he goes for good without any further payment.
  14. I know he's majorly f*cked up, but I can't imagine they'll get away with removing his pension. I know the Army Legal Service is bound to make the case watertight, but I suspect they will be taking advice from external employment lawyers too. Otherwise it's just going to cry out for a test-case tribunal. Sorta thing Cherie Blair would previously have got involved in! Sorta thing I love to see happening, because it can often change laws.

I would, of course, agree that he should not be entitled to reap the benefits of such a pension, especially not EARLY (ie to tide him over now he's skint). However, the current paper value of any contributions should, surely, be made available for him to transfer (ie paper value before maturity or lump sums come into play).

However, I admit that I'm not up on (a) Army terms of service and (b) exemptions from Pension laws in the UK, specifically for Armed Forces. I know they tend to be excluded from all the other laws that come in!
  15. What contributions?  The armed forces pension is non-contributable.