That Major again...

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by shoota, Jul 2, 2003.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. So what does a man have to do to get a dishonourable discharge then?!  :mad:
    Why on earth should he be allowed to keep his pension?!  :mad:
    I hope this is a case of misreporting :mad:

2. I thought this mad Major was up in court again for an insurance scam?  If that's so, surely his 18-month prison sentence, suspended for two years now comes into play, meaning he goes inside if convicted?? ??

3. woopert

woopert LE Moderator

If you re-read the story it reports that a family friend says that it is Ingram who predicts an administrative discharge, which is more likely than not to be at odds with the view that the Board is likely to take, opting for a dishonourable discharge of they can do it. I suspect given his conviction that this is more likely than not.

4. Good luck to him...in fact...I feel a poll coming on  ;D

5. I thought a jail sentance reguardless of banged up or suspended meant discharge, why are we wasting our time with this crooked disgrace and why are we paying for his house. Do the honourable fall on your sword!

6. If he'd been an OR, he'd been kicked out quicker.

7. Old news I think. Isn't he an author now?

His children are at the same school as mine - which thus provides some excellent coughing opportunities - very childish, but very very satisfying.

8. From his 'official' website :roll:

9. Same old story.....if ya comissioned and do something wrong!!!! a gentle handshake and goodbye with pension......But if you are a OR a administrative discharge and a kick in the arrse does the trick.....Seen it so many times on PSMB ......(history repeating itself)

10. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

Bloody Hell pimpernel - how on earth did you dig up this thread from 2003???

11. Interesting that each of the wonderfully positive reviewers of Ingram's book on Amazon, have never taken the trouble to review any of the other books, they have ever read. Which is mighty unusual on Amazon!

Methinks, Chris Tarrant probably hasn't had the opportunity to read it yet, being that he's been in tied up with solicitors and all of that.

12. If only Pimpernel had waited another 5 days, he would have been in the running for the longest zombie thread at more than 4 years!

Litotes

13. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

Or are you suggesting that maybe the reviews are maybe written by someone "closer to home"? (Allegedly)