THAT email from No 10

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by CharlieBubbles, Apr 13, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Key Gordon Brown adviser quits over leaked email smears

In a major blow for the Prime Minister, Damian McBride quit his post as a senior Downing Street adviser after landing the Government in a row over the messages sent to another prominent Labour figure about the private lives of senior Conservatives.
    Mr McBride’s position became untenable after high-level calls for him to be sacked. Charles Clarke, the former home secretary, said that Mr McBride had brought shame on the Labour Party by planning a smear campaign against Mr Cameron.

Broon now refuse to say SORRY for what was sent from his office by one of HIS key advisors, where has Broon been since this story broke?

Slime, sleezy, lies and downright dishonesty, is this really the way to run this country?
  2. Am I alone in thinking that this is a convenient distraction from the noses in the trough scandal?
  3. I could agree more, Mrs Bubbles and I said the very same as soon as this story broke, "A good day to bury bad news" as was once quoted!

The problem is, THEY are bloody useless at it!!
  4. Where can i read the full E mails?.Some of them are supposed to be really funny

Also fully reported in the Sunday Times.
  6. No - it's too toxic. The expense claim scandal is pan-Commons, i.e. they're all at it. This new problem is just Labour and is so shoddy that Brown's credibility is at stake and some Labour seniors are also in horror at its seedy clumsiness.
  7. The female MP was on TV demanding an apology from Brown. It just shows how stupid politicians are. I hope she has now worked out she is the prime target of ALL investigative reporters and she has no skeletons in her closet!

Watch this space - this will blow up in the Conservatives faces with a vengeance!

I wish they spent this much effort on the people they represent and the expenses scandal.

They are all as bad as each other.
  8. It's funny how the Government is willing to apologise to anyone and everyone over actions carried out in the dim and distant past, yet they won't apologise for actions carried out by themselves and their own staff very recently.

What would it cost Brown to say 'I'm sorry that one of my advisors did this?' It wouldn't be an admission of guilt, people can be genuinely sorry for actions carried out by others.
  9. Did anyone else do a double-take when they read that Charles Clarke said he had brought shame on the Labour Party?. If he's capable of doing that, he clearly doesn't understand the meaning of shame.

But then we knew that already.
  10. It must be clear to all but the dimmest, that this was a pretty clumsy attempt by Brown to deflect some of the right and proper criticism of this and his cabinets expenses habits onto the Tories.

Of course he will refuse to appologise, after he has yet to appologise for his claim to have ended boom and bust, and as a result will make himself even more unelectable as a party leaser and lose Labour the next election.
  11. how pathetic is it that brown has got a lacky to say that he doesn't need to apologise? bbc linky
  12. Did you expect anything else, nothing is ever Browns fault, it was always some one else.

I suspect he may not be able to walk away from this one quite as fast as he would like.
  13. Agreed,Clarke must have a very odd notion of the concept of 'shame' if he thinks that the Labour party were not neck deep in it already.

Another example of a senior politico being out of touch with the public mood?

Even more ludicrous is the Guardians reporting that senior Labour ministers feel that they could lose the (hopefully) oncoming election due to these tactics.

Guardian link.

This really did make me do a double take.

It would appear that Labour are looking for a scapegoat to blame their collective failure on.

Or are they seriously suggesting that their morally and financially bankrupt party is well placed to fight an election,and that the McBride/Draper fiasco is just a minor spanner in the works before they romp home to election victory?

The online 'Downfall' mash-ups of Hitler and his cronies in the bunker have never looked more accurate.
  14. I know Nadine Dorries personally and she seems very unlikely to have skeletons in her closet. She's not the best MP (although her attendance is good and expenses claims are low) and she was once caught by a local rag climbing the back wall into her own house blind drunk after she lost her keys, but I suspect that any investigative journalism will find nothing of note. Besides, the tories have an incredible get out clause if anything is found on anyone: they just say its Labour making it up and most of the electorate will believe them.
  15. A female parliamentary candidate, of ANY party except Labour, caught climbing her garden wall, having had a few, could well get my vote!

Good girl! I hope she was wearing trousers!