That Cnut Banned from the Airwaves

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Chalky, May 29, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. To be fair to him he's just trying to make a quick buck. For him to make said buck, you have to have an awful lot of idiots that like it, which funnily enough there are/were.

As a wise man (I think it was Obi-Wan Kenobi) once said "Who's more the fool, the fool or the fool that follows him?"
  2. Ironically they're doing him a favour because now any requests will be for his other songs! He has said himself that even he thinks Beautiful is overplayed so I can't imagine he's heartbroken.
  3. Dunno what all the fuss is about - if you don't like it change channels.

It should also be remembered that, like him or loathe him, he is probably the most useful thing to come out of the Household Division in the last 700 years. Unless of course you count standing about aimlessly in ridiculous uniforms, smelling of brasso, outside of outdated palaces for the benefit of Japanese tourists.
  4. he is not the one still in or on standby for iraq anymore, so who has it right :?: :?: :?: :?:
  5. "The success of the Battle of Waterloo turned on the closing of the gates at Hougoumont". Wellington.

Now remind me, who defended Hougoumont? I don't think it was the Legion of Frontiersman or whatever organisation it is you belong to. Additionally, we've 'only' been around for 356 years.

Do try harder.

P.S. Did Daddy use to wear a Bearskin Cap when he tucked you in at night?

Thought so.
  6. On top of that, I count myself as pretty useful...... and all that standing around smelling of Brasso is good for the soul. I got a bit of a twitch last weekend watching the Guard Mount.

I went to Hougoumont 2 years ago and touched those very gates.
  7. I stand corrected but you can obviously get a lot of in-breeding into even 365 years.

Otherwise I'm sure that all that marching about is really useful in this day and age, no really ... just where would we be without it?
  8. In the shoite like les Grenouilles and other 'armies'.
  9. Well done, jolly good show! Have a balloon and a party hat! :p

Incedentaly I dropped my guts earlier and i'm sure my rectum said "Hougoumont" either that or "Phhhhaarrrrpppppppgurrrrgurrrppppllllppplppprrrrrrrrrrr...eep"
  10. Hugewhat? Is that somewhere near Barnsley?
  11. Barnsley..... no, barnsley is the place that in a primary school of 300 kids there is only two surnames
  12. No Idea matey, I assume that it is somewhere that the Household Cav had a garden party at and they haven't stopped going on about it for three hundred years!

(As a tankie I have no concept of any military history before the first world war, oh the shame!) :D