Thanksgiving Day USA

Discussion in 'Multinational HQ' started by Busterdog, Nov 24, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Happy Thanksgiving to all our American readers.
  2. And good luck to those two Turkey's who get to live at Disney World!
  3. Awwww, that's nice. I'm struggling with making cornbread stuffing in a land that doesn't sell cornmeal...but my little band of expats will enjoy our meal of abundance, thanks for the thought.

I can't believe how friggin' cheap the turkeys are here, by the way. If I was back in the States, I would have paid £25 for a frozen bird the size of an inner-city pigeon!
  4. Ah, yes, our American cousins finally get around to having Thanksgiving. The more astute part of the continent (Canada) is wise enough to celebrate the day back in October, thus allowing sufficient time to digest enormous quantities of turkey before again subjecting ourselves to this gastronomic delight again at Christmas.

At any rate, all the best to the Yanks and enjoy the tryptophan!
  5. Tryptophan, alcohol and Only Fools and Horses repeats on TV = ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz (My Christmas!!)

But Happy Thanksgiving to the Septics! 8)
  6. AFAIK, Yanks don't eat turkey at Xmas. In fact, we never used to, either (it was usually goose in the UK).
  7. Pet shop in poole sells it I feed it to my chickens :roll:
  8. TY. Food4Less was selling them for $5 with every $25 purchase and Albertsons was doing buy one, get one free. Fcuk knows how many hormones/antibiotics etc are in them though.

The nightstick and riot gear arrived in the mail on Wednesday- I'm all ready to go and do my Xmas shopping on Black Friday. :D
  9. Those about to die, we salute you!

Edited because...mmmmm, chicken-feed.
  10. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

A belated happy Thanksgiving to all the Cousins - hope the big day went well and survivors of 'Death by Turkey/Sweet Potato and Pumpkin Pie Day ' are beginning to come round from their comas and you are still talking to the relatives :lol: