Thanks Sennelager

Thanks Sennelager for a great two weeks especially:
The CATT guys for a fun afternoon in hot sweaty metal boxes, loved it.
The cooks for some reasonably cooked scoff
The RMP for being human, at least for once
The guy at The Taste of India, good curry Sh*t pizza
The fire defence staff for a good presentation to my lads
Paddies Bar
and the girls at Tingletangles who made an old man very happy :eek:

Probably the worst Lager in the world.

Sennelager...Now that brings back memories. I remember going to the Pleasuredome and F*uk me there were some scraps in there. As a fresh faced nig it scared the C*ap out of me. You had to learn to look after yourself quickly in Sennerlager and Paderborn.

In one bar they had the hammer and nail game which usually turned into some p*sshead trashing the place when they missed on their turn.

Must admit it was like a squaddies playground and I had a good time.

Medals should be awarded for drinking there.

Double_Duck said:
Dont tell me that tin city is still there ? 8O
Oh I do hope so, I'd love to go back and throw more Murphy Bricks.

*dances up and down in anticipation*

essexbob said:
You must have been to a different Sennelager to the one I've just been to. :roll:

Operator said:
essexbob said:
You must have been to a different Sennelager to the one I've just been to. :roll:
Yeah I agree. It was no jolly. We all got ragged from pillar to post and the place wasn't that good. Is this the new Sennerlager coming into line with the new Army?

I've still got my stein glass from senny with 'Geordies Bar' emblazened upon it....happy days!!!! :pissed:

CivPop :):

I spent a rather wonderful 3 years in Sennelager (initially a bit of a shock as I'd just come from Belize!). To be based there, in my case Antwerp Barracks inside STC, was a lot different from having to go there for a course or training where you resigned yourself to getting beasted and messed around for several weeks. Yes, the Pleasuredome was, erm, 'entertaining'?, but being based within STC was great, apart from the huge walk back to camp from the main gate. There were plenty of other 'normal' quieter bars away from the strip and better schnellis too. The strip was like Blackpool for Squaddies (without the familiys, sea and trams of course) with alll of the crap food, drink and vomit you could possibly want from a Friday pay day drinking session.
And the RASS was on our doorstep FTW!!

My first posting in Germany,Athlone, what a dump,Bill Day's pub and Aggi's bar, fighting down the strip, long ago and far away, Thank F**k

My first posting in Germany,Athlone, what a dump,Bill Day's pub and Aggi's bar, fighting down the strip, long ago and far away, Thank F**k
Admittedly, Athlone was a close to a Stalag as you could get in Germany ;)

All that can be said about Sennelager was encompassed in the old German Army saying: Lande der Senne - Am Ende der Welt. Remember they've been using it since the War of 1870 ffs!!!

Sennelager...Now that brings back memories. I remember going to the Pleasuredome and F*uk me there were some scraps in there. As a fresh faced nig it scared the C*ap out of me. You had to learn to look after yourself quickly in Sennerlager and Paderborn.

In one bar they had the hammer and nail game which usually turned into some p*sshead trashing the place when they missed on their turn.

Must admit it was like a squaddies playground and I had a good time.

Medals should be awarded for drinking there.
Ahhhhh the nail and hammer game, if I remember correctly that was The Bahnhof Bar, round the corner from Geordies gaff.

Ahhhhh the nail and hammer game, if I remember correctly that was The Bahnhof Bar, round the corner from Geordies gaff.

Nails....what a crazy game that was. Im sure the name of the bar was 'The Senne Eek' and next door was 'Jokers'

Oh and I herd 'The Dome' has closed down now. I loved how the could not trust you with your own money in that place, nothing like waking up in the morning with a pocket full of pink chips and a stamp that you could never wash of your hand. Wasnt The Bahnhof the one with the big umbrella thingy in the town centre?

Senne-Eck if my memory serves me right.

The best 3 years of my life there, first posting and one i'm hoping to go back to!!

Went there on summer camp with the CCF in the 80's. The only one i ever did where we were continually confined to camp and told under no cirumstances to go drinking outside because we would get our heads filled in or worse. As we were all 18 year old's who had just done our A levels we felt quite left out listening to the stories told us by the reg lads in the block who were our age but "adults" where we were apparently not!

Latest Threads