Thanks for your Troops, Tony, now sod off - Bush

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Bravo_Bravo, Jul 29, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. From The Times, Online.

Republicans ban Labour MPs
    By Helen Rumbelow, Political Correspondent

LABOUR MPs have been banned from the floor of the Republican National Convention for the first time because President Bush’s party says that their views are not conservative enough.
    The decision has caused uproar among Labour MPs given the support that Tony Blair has given to Mr Bush over Iraq. A cross-party parliamentary delegation traditionally visits the convention, but only Conservative MPs will be given access to the floor in New York next month.

“This is the first time this has happened and we are far from pleased,” Alan Williams, a Labour MP and chair of the British-American Parliamentary Group, said. “I find it singularly strange that Labour MPs can be welcomed on the floor of Congress but not at the Republican convention.”

Although this week’s Democratic convention had no objection to accrediting Conservative MPs, the group has sent two Labour MPs in an attempt to be fair.

But their presence has been overshadowed by the Liberal Democrats, who have been exploiting Mr Blair’s awkward relationship with the Democrats. Charles Kennedy has travelled to the convention for the first time with several leading members of his party.
  2. this is priceless - just been told off for laughing too much!!

Nice to see the cracks are really starting to appear...
  3. Your Cab fare is on the table, of course I'll call you"

Thanks B2 , brightened my day

They can't say they are surprised. Iraqi contract fiasco anyone?
  4. Perhaps it'll make Tony B. think twice before he commits us to Dubya's next stage of the White House "democratise the world by force" strategy. Then again, perhaps not. :cry:
  5. Naaaaaaah Bush is going for the old maxim

"Treat 'em mean , keep 'em keen"

It'll work too. :cry:
  6. i think you fellas just got to come roun to trusting President George Bush hes a fine man an the man for the hour. youll learn if we get the liberls coimin inta govinment. it was the liberls that lost ud the war in vietnam what with jane fonda underminig the fightin man an the hippys an all!!!
    :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
  7. Stick to taking the drugs mate - either that or go out, get a couple of good books about the vietnam conflict and read them
  8. i ent such a readin man sir but i seen all sorts a movies an we get fox news!!
  9. That's assuming he can read.......probably too busy fcukin' his cousins to find the time. Or playing banjo. Non-egg variety. :D
  10. Oh God, I really cannot keep this up; I keep forgetting to mispell the words! Sorry chaps, I am at home on leave, and I was bored. :roll:

11. Speak to Lekta. She mis-spells the words naturally. :lol:
  12. 99 to 1 he's a wind up.

(Edited to add...)

B*gger! 2 minutes late. And I clocked him.
  13. No shit, Sherlock. Not much gets past you. Int by any chance?
  14. spot the edit once I saw new posts after hitting "send". Same thing just happened to you?

15. LOL Bernoulli,

The giveaway , for me anyway, was spelling Bayou as Bayeaux , any good Louisianner would of course have said Byoooo

But the gallery comments did make me howl with laughter

I don't think NWD was fooled either ;)