Thanks for proving my point PartTimePongo

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by tillyoohoo, Oct 13, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just as an aside

When a thread is removed by the mods would it be possible for them to leave a place marker/reason for deletion.

I have been trying to find a thread from yesterday but it has disappeared completely.

I can only assume that one of the mods has removed it for whatever reason.

Very confusing when there is no sign it even existed. Just a single post saying " I didn't like it" or some such would do.
  2. I was just getting into that thread as well before I was outted!!
  3. your a MOD Filbert, open it back up,,,,I dare ya. your a poof if you don't
  4. Or "You didn't have a lot of time to read every thread going PTP, so you went straight to the one where you suspected there may have been unsavoury posts in the 2 minutes you had available"?

I now have the luxury of more time today, and will spend it reading through every post that has appeared in the time I was away.

As stated by me Tillyoohoo , repeatedly , any post concerning upcoming legal action or courts-martial gets deleted as soon as I have seen it

I have stated my reasons for this every time. In all the posts that I have deleted on this sort of topic, only one concerned an Officer , and in deleting that thread, I was subjected to an amount of vitriol that "I was not allowing his side of the story to be told" by people who knew him. I have deleted far more threads concerning OR's. In one case , I was accused of deleting the thread, because it concerned OR's from my Regiment. :roll:

I do this, because some people cannot resist telling "what they know" , which is not the best thing to happen when the Media are banging about and there are CM's or Legals in progress. If I had read through that thread when I was logged on for the VERY brief period I had available yesterday, it would have been closed and locked then.

There is no "Favouritism to Officers" , as I'm sure some Officers here will testify. This is simply a case of not having been able to have the time to read through the thread before. I have now had the time to do so, and my immediate reaction is to close the thread, pending deletion.

5. Too true PTP... :D

Love ya really!

Best piece of advice I've ever been given about ARRSE - if you don't like it, fcuk off.

And for the terminally dense - that was the advice.
  6. Darth D,
    What's the relevance of the photograph of the fat knacker at the bottom of your post?
  7. tillyoohoo - 6 posts and an expert on Moderation policy already?
  8. I should point out D-D , there was more than one Officer involved in the errrrr "Aggressive querying of the position of Arrse" in that case. :D

Still, I gather it may all have turned out ok? (Without mentioning names or cases)
  9. maninblack

maninblack LE Book Reviewer

I suspect Tillyoohoo may have been here in a previous life.

Oi, TILLY, ever been to Nepal?

10. PTP - absolutely delighted, as you may have divined! :D

Queensman - that 'fat knacker' happens to be a damn fine and extremely capable Field Commander; a truly inspiring man; and it was an absolute pleasure to serve under his command - wish we had more like him...

...and he's so scruffy, he makes me look smart...

He also has a habit of wearing overlarge smocks, hence his apparent size.
  11. 6 posts ? That's b*gger all.......I had you f*ckers sussed in three.
  12. I agree.

Photograph taken in Kosovo winter when anyone not office-bound was wearing several layers anyway!

...he may be scruffy DD, but not so scruffy as to make ME look smart...
  13. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

80+ posts and 4000+ views without it breaking down into rants and raves. Thank god PTP is there to save us from ourselves. <sigh>

Next time perhaps you could stay away a little longer being terribly brave and clever.
  14. I was quite enjoying it, exposed a probable double BB reincarnation as well!!