thanks EU

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by nodigitsever, Dec 18, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. for dropping my wages in the space of 2 years at least 20% (immigrant workers)

for ensuring I am now Guilty till I prove my innocence

for killing British industry

for over populating my once green and pleasant land (building Fecking everywhere to house Eastern European workers)

for the massive increase in Crime on our streets

any more Folks, and Fellow British Citizens?

mod edit...oh i get it now this goes with that other one....hooped

2. I think the EU is fantastic, and I have the EU flag proudly tatooed on my arms.

3. The caring British and Irish governments let the Eastern European's in, the rest of the EU thought about it for maybe 2 to 3 seconds , saw the implications and went naaaah!

4. Nodigitsever...

Margeret Thatcher killed British Industry. Where were you in the 80's?

Great Britain was built by immigrants, is a nation of immigrants, for immigrants. They've been coming for hundreds of years...

Each lot bring something good. After a few generations, this becomes British.

Your an EU Citizen now. If you don't like - you can always emigrate...

5. I was around at the time and recall it being a conflict between Thatcher and Scargill. The loss of British industry was merely collateral damage.

Scargill revolted at the idea of closing down unproductive mines with the consequent loss of jobs (or as a cynic, the loss of NUM revenue and political bargaining power), so the miners were called out on strike. They stayed on strike so long that the mines became dangerous through lack of essential maintenance which, in turn, resulted in nearly all of them being permanently closed.

It had been intended to import cheap low-grade coal from Poland (adequate for domestic use and power stations), but the results of the strike required the import of larger quantities of higher grade coal (which hitherto had been a British export). These additional costs made steelworks uneconomic, resulting in their closure. Having to import steel from elsewhere drove manufacturing costs up, leading to the trend of importing foreign goods and closing British business.

So, while you're correct that the decline of British industry didn't start with membership of the EU (or Common Market as it was then), it would be unfair to attribute it solely to Maggie. Comrade Scargill was at least as much to blame (IMO).

6. Just another point about immigrants bringing something good into the country....

During the military invasions of Britain, the invaders brought new technology which was enhanced by the people left in the country (indigenous and invaders). This has indeed proven to be good for the country and has brought wealth in.

During the economic invasion that is on-going, the invaders don't bring new technology, they bring labour. When there is a labour shortage, this is fine. When there isn't, it creates a spiral of an increasing need for infrastructure and welfare which is funded from within the country. Particularly with migrant labour, wealth will go outwards.

I think that this year will bring some home truths to the economists. Over the last year I've worked in environments that have been staffed almost entirely by Polish and East European labour. Hard workers? Yes. Skilled (in the trade in which they're employed)? Definitely no. They've worked hard for the last year, but the majority I've spoken to over the last month or so all have the same plan - go back home for Xmas, spend their saved earnings in their home country and come back in a month's time when the money has run out. Productivity in January looks like being severely affected.

All the while, the government is ignoring the necessity to get the British unemployed into work. This isn't going to happen with the glut of foreign labour currently in evidence and the over-emphasis on gaining higher education qualifications at the detriment of gaining a trade.

7. Well luckly for you the rise of China means that you pay on average 20% less for all clothes and consumer durables. Or do you hanker after the days when the cheapest british built telly cost a months wages.

You always were unless you had money or went to Eton, stop whining and do your time like a man. b!tch.

British Industry killed itself you mong, through crap management, cannot be arrsed workers, poor access to capital and ignoring innovation, oh and being too trusting to those nice Americans - they speak English so they must be Gentlemen. After WWII we had a huge global market even with the loss of Empire - Motorbikes, Cars etc, we fcuked the whole thing up before we joined the EU.

You mean the 500 000 + white European, Christian reinforcements that Albion has recently received? Or the Islamofacist inbreds who were born here?

Thats crap Policing and no punishment for you, feck all to do with Europe

8. For the European Court of Human Rights....turned brits into a bunch of nanny state wimpy puffs!!

9. All the ECHR does is ensure that we keep to our promise to treat people like human beings, not that serious is it.

Or are you one of these people who wants to be treated properly yourselve but reserve the right to kick the crap out of any one else just because you can.

Peter

10. Thanks to the EU for providing over 60% of my companies turnover!

TB

11. Oh the Human Rights Act which has made Mrs Cherie Blair (and by default) her husband very rich.

Meanwhile foreign criminal scum are paid compensation by our courts. (ie you and me and all the othere hard working taxpayers)

Europe is a cesspool of corruption, Billions of our money is being squandered, our rights to free speech and self determination are being removed bit by bit. The Human Rights Act is nothing more than a sick joke. The only people it protects are the criminal and the lawyer.

As long as we are in the EU, we can have no meaningful freedom, we can have no meaningful democracy, we will one day cease to exist as a nation state.

Anyone in UK who supports the EU and the current policy of uncontrolled immigration is either a naive fool or a traitor.

Death to the EU ... Long Live England!!!

12. ...for ensuring my new kettle comes with a plug attached. It's the little things in life, really.

13. Are you suggesting that because scum is foriegn that they should be treated differently to English scum. Scum is scum and all scum should be treated the same.

There speaks another English xenophobe. Any loss of democracy you have is not caused by the EU but the government elected by the people of the UK, you are already part of of a super national state the UK, that independance of England has been gone for nearly 300 years now and you have had uncontrolled immigration within that Union for that period.

I for one am all for Englkish independance.

Peter

14. Are you suggesting that because scum is foriegn that they should be treated differently to English scum. Scum is scum and all scum should be treated the same.

There speaks another English xenophobe. Any loss of democracy you have is not caused by the EU but the government elected by the people of the UK, you are already part of of a super national state the UK, that independance of England has been gone for nearly 300 years now and you have had uncontrolled immigration within that Union for that period.

I for one am all for Englkish independance.

Peter

15. Thanks to the EU I have a wopper of a christmas bonus

With that bonus I'll take 3 holidays, in the EU. Spain, Greece, and a dirty weekend in Amsterdam and thanks to the EU I won't have to worry about changing all those throw away coins and funny banknotes. They'll all spend. Then thanks to the EU, with the cash that’s left I'll stop at calais and top up with cheap booze, nip over to Belgium and buy loads of "Baccy" and flog all that to our Cheap polish workers.

God bless the EU [​IMG]