Thanks Channel 4

http://www.channel4.com/news/2004/10/week_4/21_soldiers.html

The soldier's view
Iraq

Published: 21-Oct-2004
By: Mat Precey

Geoff Hoon's confirmation today that some British forces will be moving north to help the Americans in Iraq's so-called Sunni Triangle follows a week of uncertainty.

On the web, chatrooms and forums used by service personnel have been particularly active as speculation mounted over the possible re-deployment.

Not just the families of those in the armed forces, but apparently soldiers themselves are increasingly using the net to give expression, in often very robust terms, to their views about the war and their political masters.

Take last Monday's exchanges in the House of Commons, when Mr Hoon was asked what would happen if Britain didn’t agree to the request from the United States for British forces to back-fill for them in Iraq.

His reply that the UK would "have failed in its duty as an ally" if it didn’t comply with the request elicited the following responses from those posting on the unofficial Army Rumour Service bulletin board:
Thanks Mat . Arrse Coffee Mug reserved :D

Top Banana, loved the quotes!!!! sock it to them Lads....

Hope "they" sit up and take notice now?

Give that man a tee-shirt and an invite to the Arrse Bash.

Rincewind

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
The invite's ok, but he can buy his own shirt & Sp the GPR !

:D

Nice write up............one tiny annoyance when you click the link 'Welcome to the Wild West, apparently the Black Watch are in Al Amarah..........there was me thinking it was the Y Coy 1 PWRR who live in Cimic House.

Perhaps the budget didn't run to research :oops: Oh well 8)

Outstanding!

Next time, mention the "TCH" soubriquet and what it stands for!

The world needs to know the intense dislike that those who serve feel towards our supposed leaders, who have the moral backbone of a tank of jellyfish and are incapable of telling the truth! :twisted:

MrPVRd said:
Outstanding!

Next time, mention the "TCH" soubriquet and what it stands for!

The world needs to know the intense dislike that those who serve feel towards our supposed leaders, who have the moral backbone of a tank of jellyfish and are incapable of telling the truth! :twisted:
They did mention "TCH" - didnt translate it but I dont suppose it takes the brains of an archbishop...

Anyone see CDS on Ch4 this evening?

Saw the end of CDS, it was the party line as would be expected.

I am very uncomfortable with serving officers being wheeled out to back up spineless politicians.

MrPVRd said:
Saw the end of CDS, it was the party line as would be expected.

I am very uncomfortable with serving officers being wheeled out to back up spineless politicians.
The difference between the two seems to be becoming rather blurred at times...

dogmonkey said:
Almost as expert as 'the only British reporter with the Black Watch' with his 'red shackles' statement on the 6 o'clock news.
Yes :lol:

I had to do a double take when I heard (or thought I heard that)....
he must spend so much time with them if he doesnt know what the hell he's talking about - but hey, thats par for the course with most media-types these days.

Accuracy amongst reporters has long since taken a back seat to sensationalism.

I take it that Channel 4 approached www.arrse.co.uk and each of the contributors to that thread for permission to use their work? Could be a case of serial breach of copyright here, fellas.

Now, where did I leave my copy of Writs for Dummies?

*rubs hands with glee*

Dr Evil said:
I take it that Channel 4 approached www.arrse.co.uk and each of the contributors to that thread for permission to use their work? Could be a case of serial breach of copyright here, fellas.

Now, where did I leave my copy of Writs for Dummies?

*rubs hands with glee*
In that case it's fortunate we never breach copyright on arrse, eh DrE? :wink:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Magic_Mushroom Sappers 1
PartTimePongo Infantry 1
PartTimePongo ARRSE: Site Issues 0