Thanks Channel 4

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by PartTimePongo, Oct 21, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://www.channel4.com/news/2004/10/week_4/21_soldiers.html

Thanks Mat . Arrse Coffee Mug reserved :D

2. Top Banana, loved the quotes!!!! sock it to them Lads....

Hope "they" sit up and take notice now?

Give that man a tee-shirt and an invite to the Arrse Bash.

Rincewind

3. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

The invite's ok, but he can buy his own shirt & Sp the GPR !

:D

4. Nice write up............one tiny annoyance when you click the link 'Welcome to the Wild West, apparently the Black Watch are in Al Amarah..........there was me thinking it was the Y Coy 1 PWRR who live in Cimic House.

Perhaps the budget didn't run to research :oops: Oh well 8)

5. Outstanding!

Next time, mention the "TCH" soubriquet and what it stands for!

The world needs to know the intense dislike that those who serve feel towards our supposed leaders, who have the moral backbone of a tank of jellyfish and are incapable of telling the truth! :twisted:

6. Almost as expert as 'the only British reporter with the Black Watch' with his 'red shackles' statement on the 6 o'clock news.

7. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

Outstanding!

I liked this bit:

8. They did mention "TCH" - didnt translate it but I dont suppose it takes the brains of an archbishop...

Anyone see CDS on Ch4 this evening?

9. Saw the end of CDS, it was the party line as would be expected.

I am very uncomfortable with serving officers being wheeled out to back up spineless politicians.

10. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

The difference between the two seems to be becoming rather blurred at times...

11. Yes :lol:

I had to do a double take when I heard (or thought I heard that)....
    he must spend so much time with them if he doesnt know what the hell he's talking about - but hey, thats par for the course with most media-types these days.

Accuracy amongst reporters has long since taken a back seat to sensationalism.

12. I take it that Channel 4 approached www.arrse.co.uk and each of the contributors to that thread for permission to use their work? Could be a case of serial breach of copyright here, fellas.

Now, where did I leave my copy of Writs for Dummies?

*rubs hands with glee*

13. In that case it's fortunate we never breach copyright on arrse, eh DrE? :wink: