Thank you UK

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Lipo, Mar 27, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello everyone. My name is Lipo and I'm from Pensacola, Florida.

Thank you for helping my country fight in Iraq and Afghanistan.

I know widely publicized polls in the major news media seem to indicate widespread dissatisfaction with President Bush and our involvement in Iraq.

Nevertheless, the other 37% or so (if we can believe that figure) think victory in Iraq is absolutely essential.

I seem to want to ask if you think we can win. Perhaps it is simply impossible to answer this question. Any comments you might have would be appreciated.

2. Hello Mr journalist,

How are you today?
  3. eight out of ten cats interviewed preferred mice to canaries!
  4. "Hello Mr journalist,"

I wish I were. Journalism seems a much more interesting job than real estate managment.
  5. "eight out of ten cats interviewed preferred mice to canaries!"

I'm afraid this british humor is over my head.
  6. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

You do enjoy a good joke though - you elected one twice :thumleft:
  7. "You do enjoy a good joke though - you elected one twice"

Thanks again UK. Sorry to have bothered you.
  8. Thanks Lipo, its good to hear some support from the US

dont worry about the lads banter, they are a rough lot but with hearts of Gold, do not be offended about any other comments as ARRSE is a free fire zone.

All the best

9. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Its what 0550hrs with you?
    Have a coffee, toast a waffle, blend some carrot juice (throw a vodka in it), sit down again and relax.
  10. Chill, Lipo - this is banter city. Thanks for the coments.
    By the way, is that Pensacola Florida America?
    Staaken (London, England)
  11. I've got a good friend who lives in Titusville who i first met years ago in Germany,he's got no understanding of the British sense of humour Lipo so don't take it too seriously!!
    Hows Florida today anyway??
  12. It is our pleasure to sacrifice our soldiers for your pointless wars based on lies.

Long live the shaved chimp!
  13. FF - you forgot to add "We are so glad to have been forced into giving up our empire based as it was on justice and the rule of law; in order for you to fill the resulting vaccuum with endless anti-democratic warfare, genocide, starvation, disease and political turmoil at the whim of globalised industry"
  14. Which translates as; thank you for letting join in your Imperial Project as having given ours away (due to communist infiltration of our Political process), we miss it and would like to help run yours, please.
  15. Yes, its very early here. I'm in northwest Florida where its central time (now about 05:38). Yes that's in America. Perhaps some of your naval aviators have trained here. Pensacola is "Home of the Blue Angels" and the US "cradle of naval aviation".

Thanks for your kind responses. I must admit I am a little nervous. I have very high regard for the UK armed forces.

My father fought in the Pacific in World War II. Though he didn't talk about his experience very much, I realized early on that he was set apart from "civies" (even when he was retired) but I didn't really understand at the time.

I read his war diary after his death in 1990. It was then that I realized just what this meant. I recognized these virtues in some of the personal stories I read on this forum.

It makes me hopeful that we can win.

Perhaps you are aware that Tony Blair is wildly popular in the US. It doesn't matter that he's (by our measure) extremely liberal. Before the war started, I think all Americans were apprehensive whether our friends in the UK would be with us. Thus, Blair's address to Congress was very important to the American psyche.

The US suffers from a painful insecurity and desperately craves acceptance. We could care less what the French think, but what the UK thinks (no not the BBC) is very important to us.