Thank U NHS

ColdWarWorrier

Old-Salt
Not quite (depending on how pedantic you want to get) but that isn't the point of my smart arse comment.

View attachment 487291
Not being pedantic, but I don’t see any government or NHS funding there. The paramedics used to be employed and paid by the NHS so it could be argued that was NHS funding, but they are now employees of the air ambulance organisation.

Not too sure about all the ins and outs of funding but I’m a pilot, not an accountant.

(BTW, I did like your ‘smart arse’ comment. I’ve had dealings with some very thick coppers over the years.)

Not being pedantic, but I don’t see any government or NHS funding there. The paramedics used to be employed and paid by the NHS so it could be argued that was NHS funding, but they are now employees of the air ambulance organisation.

Not too sure about all the ins and outs of funding but I’m a pilot, not an accountant.

(BTW, I did like your ‘smart arse’ comment. I’ve had dealings with some very thick coppers over the years.)
I thought the crews were NHS but I was trying to point fun at the Kent police.

I dont want to take anything away from the service of these crews. My company donates to the local air ambulance and we fundraise as employees, I know they are not government crews and some may have to make the ultimate sacrifice and yet they put themselves in that position for the benefit of others.

Hats off to them and deepest most sincere respects.

ColdWarWorrier

Old-Salt
I thought the crews were NHS [snip]
Some air ambulance operations continue to use NHS paramedics and doctors but Kent, Sussex and Surrey (KSS) Air Ambulance decided to employ paramedics direct rather than have them seconded from the local ambulance service.

There were various reasons for doing this, but one (possibly unintended) result was that they were no longer receiving any (indirect) funding from the NHS. All of the paramedics are ex-NHS but rather than being seconded from the ambulance service for a couple of years are now full-time employees of KSS.

Doctors are paid direct by KSS the same as any locum doing private work, not as part of their NHS duties.

Bum. Forgot about the Spitfire (the subject of this thread) so didn't look out for it.

That said, I think I would have remembered it had I heard it so it may not have come close enough to be seen.

Curiously, when I did recall, it should have been in the air but I couldn't find it on Flightradar.

I had the misfortune to be in checkout queue on Sunday when "Clap for NHS" announced over PA

I did not clap. The ordered to staff and gullible seals did - didn't see any enthusiasm

It was pre-organised, all staff were at end of aisles and some woman filming - I stared straight at her with hands down

I am not a number....

I had the misfortune to be in checkout queue on Sunday when "Clap for NHS" announced over PA

I did not clap. The ordered to staff and gullible seals did - didn't see any enthusiasm

It was pre-organised, all staff were at end of aisles and some woman filming - I stared straight at her with hands down

I am not a number....
You were cordially invited to give all the nurses a clap.

Not THE clap.

ColdWarWorrier

Old-Salt
The NHS murdered a member of my family in front of my eyes with a deliberate diamorphine overdose. There was a subsequent investigation and the area had been found to be doing this for decades.

I hate state run healthcare. If you have money and can pay privately it's a better system as the system wants to keep you alive....at least for the 4/5 of a population who can pay. I don't care about the 1/5 who can't - it's not worth the cost of the 4/5.

Not all helimed are charity
"The Air Ambulance fleet comprises two helicopters and two fixed wing planes which are fully funded by the NHS."

And as it also seems important on this thread, they're yellow
View attachment 487230
You’ll laugh or not ....near decade ago I was conversing with a fundraiser for our local east Anglia Air Ambulance was in transition due to collapse of Norwich based Sterling Aviation went belly up. Sterling supplied the then two Eurocopter BK117 between bases at Norwich and RAF Wyton.

Anyhow Bond Air Services, (renamed re branded as Babcock Mission Cirtical Onshore Services) came to the rescue (pardon the pin) with combo of red and yellow MBB BO105 and or EC135.

Have s guess what said lady fundraiser was almost on tears when she told me (I consulted with their CEO at time) that Joe Public were bemoaning ehy when one of the poop fleet came to rescue their relatives or friends etc “how dare they be red and not yellow“

That petty....anyhow about shade of yellow and green for ten only Bell 429 HEMS in uk being Wiltshire Air Ambulance. Crew and aircraft wer supplied by Bell Uk reps Heli Charter but now it’s gone to Helx Aviation (former MD of Heli CHarter set up his own company after Heli Charité fell under die to owner had cancer ). so here are my photos of Wiltshire new Bell 429 being handed over at ceremony in Amsterdam at Helitech 2014.

01999FFB-5501-416F-8577-7A1066024569.jpeg
6CAB6C2D-A0B1-49AC-896C-D43BC2FBE044.jpeg
F78BD9BE-C109-4796-A90A-6CAED751177C.jpeg
F11C86B6-6A9D-4D22-B135-78141DEF4FD3.jpeg
D878D6BD-0C55-4066-AE8A-CF8EC3B51D70.jpeg
538E1A85-1D47-4EAD-BB1E-6D172F1DDA8F.jpeg
F5CBC945-BBBC-46F7-9325-DD1815FF090E.jpeg

Anyhow today, me and couple of buddies wandered to Duxford to catch Aircraft Restoration recon Spitfire PR9 with THAnKYOU NHS for the second time so here my photos .

Cheers

1EB2A179-DA5A-4148-860C-71FFECEF16DA.jpeg
D5F2E33B-DBB6-4BF9-8868-0FDD994CE4A4.jpeg
17F06242-C3F6-4428-89A7-596080A99AE6.jpeg

Tool

LE
Anyhow today, me and couple of buddies wandered to Duxford to catch Aircraft Restoration recon Spitfire PR9 with THAnKYOU NHS for the second time so here my photos .

Cheers
She flew over my gaffe a couple of times yesterday afternoon - we're close to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital (NNUS). Too far away to be able to read any writing under the wings though.

Latest Threads