Thank U NHS

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Regarding text speak, your brain automatically translates WTF but not LOL.
The weird thing is the people who use "LOL", we know it stands for Laugh Out Loud, but then you get the cretins that use "LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL, how the fuck do you "laugh out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out out loud"?

Various shades of Yellow ...
Screenshot_20200705-081228_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20200705-081202_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20200705-081137_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20200705-081103_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20200705-081036_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20200705-081008_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20200705-010309_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20200705-010233_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20200705-010201_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20200705-010101_Chrome.jpg

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Not all helimed are charity
"The Air Ambulance fleet comprises two helicopters and two fixed wing planes which are fully funded by the NHS."

And as it also seems important on this thread, they're yellow
1593933659759.png

Several years ago I fell of a ladder, blood and snot everywhere. An ambulance was called, it turned up.As did a paramedic in a car and then the air ambulance. When I heard the chopper I thought I was in real trouble. No chopper ride, just a very bumpy ambulance to A+E.

This has become a great Air Ambulance thread.
Could future claps for the NHS be done naked while on one knee, holding a gay rainbow flag and being whipped to atone for your part in the slave trade? That should tick some virtue signalling boxes.

This has become a great Air Ambulance thread.
Could future claps for the NHS be done naked while on one knee, holding a gay rainbow flag and being whipped to atone for your part in the slave trade? That should tick some virtue signalling boxes.
Bloody hell, I bet you got some strange looks when you did that?

ColdWarWorrier

Old-Salt
Air Ambulances aren’t all yellow or red. Down south ours are painted in much nicer colours.

F86D8E49-25AD-4EA6-ACB6-2E9F850FCB93.jpeg

I used to fly the one on the right.

Edit: By the time I’d found the above pic many other posters had submitted pics...

Last edited:

DarkBrig

Old-Salt
Out of interest, who calls the air ambulance it it the controller at 999 or if the missus burns her hand (last night) can I ask for he air ambulance to see the village from above (whilst getting her treatment obviously).

Out of interest, who calls the air ambulance it it the controller at 999 or if the missus burns her hand (last night) can I ask for he air ambulance to see the village from above (whilst getting her treatment obviously).
That would be the initial Ambulance crew to attend I think.
@Coldwarwarrior my know more.

Last edited:

ColdWarWorrier

Old-Salt
Maybe reduce your air ambulances by 50% and increase basic GCSE level training to your coppers?
Somehow, I can’t see the general public filling up charity tins to educate potential or serving coppers. Bearing in mind that the air ambulance in that area is completely funded by public donations. No government or NHS funds.

ColdWarWorrier

Old-Salt
That would be the initial Ambulance crew to attend I think.
@Coldwarwarrior my know more.
Crews on the ground can request Helimed. Controllers can also allocate if they deem the incident serious enough or the location is difficult for ground crews to access.

Helimed also monitors what’s going on at ambulance control and can self-task if they feel it is appropriate.

Some types of jobs are ‘automatic’. Air accidents, for example, will always have a Helimed attendance. Light aircraft and gliders tend to crash in fairly inaccessible places.

Latest Threads