Thank God Blair Got Rid of Those Awefull Hereditary Peers

Suspended for 6 mths?

They have proved themselves to be unfit to hold public office. Should be banned for life.

Tubbyboy said:
in_the_cheapseats said:
Suspended for 6 mths?

They have proved themselves to be unfit to hold public office. Should be suspended from lamp posts using piano wire.
I've fixed it for you.

Tubs
:D Thanks, Tubs. My mistake.

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
That's right folks - the end of boom and bust, cleaning up the House of Lords, cleaning up politics, responsible government, moral compasses, the Lord's guidance, the right kind-a guy etc etc etc.

New Labour - much worse than old Labour, and that was pretty bad.

It is lucky for our leaders that the British public is a) too respectfull of authority, b) cant be arsed or c) too bone idle (deleat as required) to act like people do in other countries. otherwise there would be a run on lamp-posts and piano wire.
I read somewhere that in a South American country the passengers on a train that was late tipped the thing off the tracks in discust/protest. Maybe a little more of that sort of passion would be welcome here.

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
March_Hare said:
So I should choose to be either nonchalant or a savage?
Book me in for a 'savage' please old bean.

In the face of criminal abuses of my democracy by those who would call themselves my representatives, nonchalance is like turning a blind eye - aaaaah, I get how Gordon did it now!

This is precisely what happens when you appoint plebs with no breeding to high office!

~D.C.

Good gracious, what an awfully rude fellow.

Do be careful of my suit when you manhandle me, Mr Tiddle, I fancy it cost more than your education. :)

~D.C.

Dashing_Chap said:

Do be careful of my suit when you manhandle me, Mr Tiddle, I fancy it cost more than your education. :)

~D.C.
It definitely cost more than your education.

Where did you get it from DC?

Primark?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Werewolf said:
Tubbyboy said:
in_the_cheapseats said:
Suspended for 6 mths?

They have proved themselves to be unfit to hold public office. Should be suspended from lamp posts using piano wire.
I've fixed it for you.

Tubs
I second the Hounerable Member's suggestion... :twisted:
We have stepped up a bit from that 'Other Place'. It should be Noble Lord when you address a fellow Arrser here :wink:

Auld-Yin said:
Werewolf said:
Tubbyboy said:
in_the_cheapseats said:
Suspended for 6 mths?

I've fixed it for you.

Tubs
I second the Hounerable Member's suggestion... :twisted:
We have stepped up a bit from that 'Other Place'. It should be Noble Lord when you address a fellow Arrser here :wink:
Reporting for Interview Without Coffee, Sir! No excuses! :salut: :oops:

PS: I have you down for the post of Scottish Secretary following the Glorious Revolution. :wink:

Apart from your good self, the ARRSE Government so far looks like this...

Party Leader: Dame Lumley.

Home Secretary: J. Clarkson

Welsh Secretary: MDN

SoS for Defence: The Lord Flashheart

Lord High Protector: Sandy the Guvnor.

Biped said:
March_Hare said:
So I should choose to be either nonchalant or a savage?
Book me in for a 'savage' please old bean.

In the face of criminal abuses of my democracy by those who would call themselves my representatives, nonchalance is like turning a blind eye - aaaaah, I get how Gordon did it now!
Gordon 'Blind Eye' Brown is a physical daily reminder of NooLabour's ambition to resign the populace to apathy.

Throwing a temper-tantrum over a late train and pushing it over however makes me think of these people who decided to get back at the fat cats by smashing up a publicly-owned bank.

If we want to hang them can't we give them a mock-trial? You know, vainly attempt to instil in them some measure of guilt (with diagrams drawn with crayons if need be), or at the very least draw out the process, before we hang, draw and quarter the dastards.

LancePrivateJones said:
Dashing_Chap said:

~D.C.

Primark?
Actually old boy I’ve become quiet partial to Ede & Ravenscroft lately, must have been my trip to Cambridge. Fancy letting an oik like me break wind in the corridors of the mighty!

&c,
~D.C.

Dashing_Chap said:
LancePrivateJones said:
Dashing_Chap said:

~D.C.

Primark?
Actually old boy I’ve become quiet partial to Ede & Ravenscroft lately, must have been my trip to Cambridge. Fancy letting an oik like me break wind in the corridors of the mighty!

&c,
~D.C.
I wish you would be.

I remain,blah..blah...squeek..wibble..etc