Thank God Blair Got Rid of Those Awefull Hereditary Peers

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Markintime, May 14, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. And let in his 'off the peg' 'I paid for it I want to recoup my outlay' appointed peers to run the House of Lords.
    Thanks to the honest and upright way that Labour Peers have conducted themselves we are about to see the first suspensions in the Lords since Cromwell's time.

Lords for Hire
  2. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

Suspended for 6 mths?

They have proved themselves to be unfit to hold public office. Should be banned for life.
  3. Acts of attainder all round!
  4. I've fixed it for you.

5. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

:D Thanks, Tubs. My mistake.
  6. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

That's right folks - the end of boom and bust, cleaning up the House of Lords, cleaning up politics, responsible government, moral compasses, the Lord's guidance, the right kind-a guy etc etc etc.

New Labour - much worse than old Labour, and that was pretty bad.
  7. It is lucky for our leaders that the British public is a) too respectfull of authority, b) cant be arsed or c) too bone idle (deleat as required) to act like people do in other countries. otherwise there would be a run on lamp-posts and piano wire.
    I read somewhere that in a South American country the passengers on a train that was late tipped the thing off the tracks in discust/protest. Maybe a little more of that sort of passion would be welcome here.
  8. So I should choose to be either nonchalant or a savage?
  9. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Book me in for a 'savage' please old bean.

In the face of criminal abuses of my democracy by those who would call themselves my representatives, nonchalance is like turning a blind eye - aaaaah, I get how Gordon did it now!
  10. This is precisely what happens when you appoint plebs with no breeding to high office!

11. I second the Hounerable Member's suggestion... :twisted:
  12. GET. OUT.

13. Good gracious, what an awfully rude fellow.

Do be careful of my suit when you manhandle me, Mr Tiddle, I fancy it cost more than your education. :)

14. You must be Viking's identical twin sister.
  15. It definitely cost more than your education.

Where did you get it from DC?